This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AeroZ
    We hadn't realized this, but yes, we'll ask the software team to turn off logging. It was probably overlooked after the debugging stage during development.

oxideous
    We haven't noticed any memory leak either, but we will continue to monitor the memory usage in the long term. However, it might be related to the Razer Chroma function. We'll focus on that, and see if we can patch this if we can find the cause.

Comment

Originally posted by G.SKILL View Post
      AeroZ
      We hadn't realized this, but yes, we'll ask the software team to turn off logging. It was probably overlooked after the debugging stage during development.

oxideous
      We haven't noticed any memory leak either, but we will continue to monitor the memory usage in the long term. However, it might be related to the Razer Chroma function. We'll focus on that, and see if we can patch this if we can find the cause.
      After I deleted the log file yesterday it hasn't started filling it with VisThread(m_UpdateFlag=0) lines and disk usage is 0MB/s. But it might start logging that again at any time so yes, it should still be looked into.

Comment

Using the new BETA, the high CPU usage on my 5950x seems to have gone away for me. However, I am getting at least 500mb of constant RAM usage from the app. Is this to be expected? (it seems a bit too high)

EDIT: I also just now realised that the logging issue that a previous user reported is happening to me as well. I'm guessing this will be fixed in a later patch.
        Last edited by messinismarios; 03-30-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by messinismarios View Post
          Using the new BETA, the high CPU usage on my 5950x seems to have gone away for me. However, I am getting at least 500mb of constant RAM usage from the app. Is this to be expected? (it seems a bit too high)

EDIT: I also just now realised that the logging issue that a previous user reported is happening to me as well. I'm guessing this will be fixed in a later patch.
          Are you using external sync? External sync seems to be the cause on my end for it leaving going above 0.X% percentage and into the 1-2% range.

Comment

Originally posted by oxideous View Post

Are you using external sync? External sync seems to be the cause on my end for it leaving going above 0.X% percentage and into the 1-2% range.
            What is external sync? I don't think I'm using it.

Comment

Originally posted by messinismarios View Post

What is external sync? I don't think I'm using it.
              A feature inside TZLC that allows the lighting to be controlled by another software. In my case Razer Synapse.

Comment

Originally posted by oxideous View Post

A feature inside TZLC that allows the lighting to be controlled by another software. In my case Razer Synapse.
                Oh I see. No, I'm not using it.

Comment

Originally posted by AeroZ View Post
                  Would be technologically possible for you to make the Trident control software disable the RGB effects no matter which effect is being used automatically when the computer enters sleep mode and resume when it wakes up? Same way as RGB Fusion does. I don't think anybody wants to keep the lighting going when they don't use the computer.
                  I'd like to second this request, G.Skill. While I'm sure there are exceptions, I think it's more likely that users would want their RGB RAM to turn off during sleep, since case fans and other lighting will also be turning off.

I'd also like to add another small request. Could the devs please add a tickbox to hide the systray icon? Any considerate systray app provides this option. I expect many users just want to set their lighting up once and don't need to access it regularly after that. I know I can hide icons behind the arrow with Windows 10 but I'd much rather not have the clutter in the first place.

Otherwise, thanks for the straightforward and functional app. It works reliably, the sticks look great, and they're super performers to boot! Those two little improvements would move the app from "does the job" to "anticipates user needs" and make it feel a lot more polished.

Comment

It’s great that the high CPU usage is getting looked into and fixed. I currently don’t have the g.skill app installed at all. Just one question though, when you have the app installed and you put your computer to sleep, does the RAM RGB turn off? Without any RGB software RGB stays on. With RGB Fusion you can set to turn RGB off but I’m not sure about gskill software.
                    You can change that in your BIOS, most likely. I have mine set to turn off RGB lighting when in sleep mode, but it's a BIOS level command.

Comment

Originally posted by dwd1961 View Post

You can change that in your BIOS, most likely. I have mine set to turn off RGB lighting when in sleep mode, but it's a BIOS level command.
                      BIOS settings only control motherboard's own RGB.

Comment

Hmm. I need to check that again. I never have the Trident RAM stay on when my computer sleeps. It doesn't matter what mode it's in. Why is that?
                        Man, RGB control is a mess! (Not just GSkill, which vs others works well.)

Comment

very high cpu usage if i enable memory sync in armoury crate with trident z rgb if i unselect it runs by hardware and cpu usage drops to 0% just like i used to with my previously slower memory sticks, you really should adress your software, also i can control rgb by software only via armoury crate, if i try with this software either i miss understand how to use it which i doubt, or its broken, yes tryit shutting down system and unplugging power cord even turning it on while no powercord to make all power leave system, im very familiar with rgb glitches this sounds like like software being broken cos when i had rgb glitches in past with other stuff leds would just stay fully white
                          Also if i sync it with armoury crate 4 memory sticks sync up perfectly which may be cool for some, but i really want 1 rgb effect to go faster then the other, or 1 to go up 1 to go down or in my case have each stick go its own direction for example, ofcourse you might say hey you talking about armoury crate, well my previous set was not g skill and also controlled by armoury crate, 1 went up 1 went down it atleast had some variation, now i could ofcourse leave it out of sync cos it kind of looks better, but then i have no control and that pisses me off.
                          It be nice to get a response on the issues, i do not mind testing out stuff or figure out whats going on.
                          if been thru 3 sets now 2 sets where hynix memory i could not get stable, 3e kit samsung b die kit which i got stable with 4 sticks of 8 gb last thing i want right now is to return this 3e kit to because of rgb issues that should't be issue i mean its software issue im sure it get fixed eventually or updated, anyway thanks for reading.
                          Btw im not a fan of asus rgb software but since i have asus system i expect it to run perfectly with it, you guys at g skill can bash Asus for your own ram sticks to run like crap im totally fine with that.
                          I have F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN right now the last one was a C vision or some sort with different timings.
                          For some reason tho before i never had rgb software installed and it ran fine without but would glitch after reinstalling armoury crate it wont detect memory until i install the software 1.00.22 or these betas, i was kinda hoping for lower cpu usage but its having extra cpu usage when i also sync memory

Click image for larger version  Name:	3DaOPEr.png Views:	0 Size:	24.6 KB ID:	166656

Nothign works in here btw or does not seem to change anything, regardless if i unsync in armoury crate first
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	SyMxuUT.png Views:	0 Size:	42.2 KB ID:	166657

Ofcourse i would prefer not to need this software and have g skill rgb run properly without extra cpu usage and without glitches not sure why it did before but does not now, i honestly hate Asus software department, you guys should least have your rgb hardware run properly with their software, altho im not blaming g skill at this point due my experience so far with Asus.
                          Open rgb is not an option and i can strongly advice not using as it can potentially brick rgb and in my case shutoff my x570 chipset fan that then rapidly increases im temprature.

Corsair based on dim layout would have more variation then this
                          It would set 1 dim up 1 dim down or have 1 dim go slightly delayed up rather then having all dims go 1 single direction which is boring, this is so inconstistent its frustating.

1.00.22 and 1.00.24 both do not work i realized 1.00.18 is the only one that works however full control is working inside armoury crate with each of them while the app is not running with 1.00.18 while 1.00.22 and 24 full control only works via armoury crate even while its running, armoury crate heavily lacks customisation but i still prefer to control my rgb in one place, this only possible within armoury crate right now, alternatively open rgb but that open source software is a huge risk cos it turns of chipset fan on x570 boards.
                          Last edited by Muppet; 04-16-2021, 02:02 PM.

Comment

Ok, right. I just checked and now my Trident RAM stays active when the computer sleeps (not good G Skill. Please, an option to turn that off.). Gigabyte Fusion has the option to "turn off LEDs on sleep."

Comment

Originally posted by dwd1961 View Post

Ok, right. I just checked and now my Trident RAM stays active when the computer sleeps (not good G Skill. Please, an option to turn that off.). Gigabyte Fusion has the option to "turn off LEDs on sleep."
                              When i had corsair i had same issue but there was a way to bypass issue by removing the lightning profile and set it to off by default then it will only light up when in software control, not sure if this is possible with g.skill if not had it stick to rgb profiles if set via software even tho they keep going after i close the trident z software altho it only works with 1.00.18 anything newer sticks aren't detected while they are controlable in armoury crate which is where i prefer it, except memory has zero configurability there it ignores dim layout and threats it as one giant block of rgb rather then 4 different blocks of rgb

Comment

1.00.24/26 litterally does not work memory sticks do not show up inside the software even on a clean install of windows 10 with only trident z rgb software installed and no other rgb software, on a asus x570-e r9 3900x setup with a F4-3600C16Q-32GTZN as kit bassicly set of 4 sticks, so bassicly fixing ryzen 5000 support broke ryzen 3000 support it works fine with 1.00.18

Comment

Working...
                                X