X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRIDENTZ-RGB-DIMM-detect-issue

Hello fellow forummers,
    Greetings from India.

I've been struggling to comprehend the nature of this issue where, CPU-X on Manjaro and CPUZ on W10 refuse to detect the RAM modules installed on my system that are of the TridentZ-RGB model variant - F4-3200C16S-16GTZR CL16-18-18-38.
    The motherboard I have is a Gigabyte x570 UD rev1.1 updated to the latest bios; F33a-(qflashed prior installing the CPU).

Information about the other components is accurate, but just not for the DIMMS. Any help on this concern would be highly appreciated.

Also, I'm surprised to learn, there's NO RGB control program for Linux? I've installed OpenRGB, but that too refuses to detect the installed dimms.

Looking forward to your replies. Thanks!

P.S: Screencap attached.
    ---

Click image for larger version  Name:	GSKIL-TRIDENTZ-RGB-detect-issue_20210219_112641.png Views:	0 Size:	21.5 KB ID:	166389
    Last edited by trooper; 02-20-2021, 04:53 AM.

Can you please post a screenshot of the CPU-Z output?

F4-3200C16-16GTZR is the correct part number of a module from a kit like F4-3200C16D-32GTZR or F4-3200C16D-64GTZR. Single modules should have their actual part number programmed in the SPD, so both the SPD and the label would be F4-3600C16S-16GTZR instead.

No idea about OpenRGB, sry.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Hi Emissary! Thanks for looking into this.

Here's what you requested:

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot319.png
Views:	163
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	166399

Name:	ScreenShot321.png
Views:	163
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	166400

Name:	ScreenShot323.png
Views:	150
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	166401

Does this look good?
      I ran it (I had to) through ThaiphoonBurner (W-10). Although, I do not have the SPD screencaps prior to that of the Thaiphoon's tweak that I implemented.

Comment

That looks correct for F4-3200C16D-32GTZR.

The memory tab shows that the memory is running at it's default speed. You need to enable the XMP in your motherboards BIOS.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          That looks correct for F4-3200C16D-32GTZR.
          Okay.

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          The memory tab shows that the memory is running at it's default speed. You need to enable the XMP in your motherboards BIOS.
          Yeah, I had turned it off for the Thaiphoon fix. I have re-enabled it.

Thanks for looking into this.

See you around!

Comment

Working...
          X