No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New issue unlisted, Turn LED's OFF when in sleep or hibernate?

IS THERE NO WAY TO SHUT OFF THE RGB LED's when in sleep, hibernate, or standby modes on these ram modules? How has no one noticed this and started complaining about this on the official forums yet, myself aside!? like having these bright leds shut off when computer hibernates/ stands by/or is a low power states, when not in use, etc is extremely important wouldn't you think? How could this issue of the LEDs forever being on even when in these stand by states possibly be over looked when these ram sticks were in development?

I have searched and experimented every way possible. But it appears there is no way to have the LED's automatically Shut off when your computer enters sleep or hibernating states. if the computer is on and not turned physically off the LED's on the ram stick will ALWAYS be on, despite hibernating,sleep or stand by modes etc.

This issue HAS to be addressed!

on a related note:

asus did their RGB correctly allowing their mother board RGB LEDs on their asus rog strix z270f the ability to automatically be turned off when computer enters idle states/sleep/hibernation by enabling erp mode in bios and selecting low power states in S4&S5.

G.Skill Plz address this issue not just for the sake of the longevity of my ram modules' LED's, but also i Like to leave my computer running at night allowing it to go to sleep on it's own in my room. It is terribly distracting to have these LED's blaring even when my computer is in sleep mode from idling when i myself am trying to go to sleep, but still want my computer on in a low power state hibernation/stand by mode/idle mode.

FIX IT FIX IT FIX IT, b4 I am forced to go non RGB. RGB are sooo awsome, love it when it is in use, but even MY GFX card's RGB lights TURN OFF when my computer goes into idle mode like come on my GFX for pete sake and my mb RGB lights with some bios fiddling both shut off in hibernating states

SOO TOO DO THESE NEED THIS ABILITY, it makes these power/rgb led saving features on my board and gfx completely pointless by having ram that has leds that don't function in the same manner, come on!

Comment

• Originally posted by RavenousHorde View Post
      IS THERE NO WAY TO SHUT OFF THE RGB LED's when in sleep, hibernate, or standby modes on these ram modules? How has no one noticed this and started complaining about this on the official forums yet, myself aside!? like having these bright leds shut off when computer hibernates/ stands by/or is a low power states, when not in use, etc is extremely important wouldn't you think? How could this issue of the LEDs forever being on even when in these stand by states possibly be over looked when these ram sticks were in development?

I have searched and experimented every way possible. But it appears there is no way to have the LED's automatically Shut off when your computer enters sleep or hibernating states. if the computer is on and not turned physically off the LED's on the ram stick will ALWAYS be on, despite hibernating,sleep or stand by modes etc.

This issue HAS to be addressed!
      I personally like them staying on while the computer sleeps. But we should probably consider that when a computer enters a Hibernate/sleep/standby state, it stores all of what the computer was doing at time (open applications etc.) into the ram. Thus when the the computer sleeps, the motherboard continuously supplies power to the ram in order to keep that information and have it quickly accessible whenever the user needs the computer again. That continuous power is obviously keeping the LEDs active. I've noticed it the day I purchased them. But it seems as though the program only tells the ram what to do with the LEDs, it doesn't seem to control them directly. There is probably something built into the ram that has stored memory of what to do with the LEDs. The Program sets a pattern, and the ram just keeps it going. Honestly its probably best at this point that they stay on when the computer sleeps. Because then that would mean that the program would have to send a command to the ram to shut off right before sleep. And then another once the computer is on again. At that point im sure most people that can use the beta software would be having all kinds of problems with the Modules not turning on again.

Comment

• yeah, u must work for g.skill, hmm that would be too much of a pain to program in and considering we are sourcing our led control software from asus, it might cost us more money to. like i said i feel like this obviously important feature was totally over looked. By your reasoning, you don't give a toot about power conservation or longevity of your LED's on your ram modules. So i got a solution to you... when they figure out a way to automatically turn the led's off when entering a hibernating/sleep state, how about you Disable your computers' hibernation all together and enjoy your flashing lights and higher electric bill. not to mention for you to be not all surprised when your system dies a year or 2 sooner than you were expecting from leaving it on all the time, without sleep mode.

=P

Comment

• MSI Z270 Gaming M7 MOBO 1.20 bios. The LEDs were working fine. Then all the sudden stop. I did a fresh install clean uninstall everything. Notting works. Updates bios. Downgraded bios. Try the Rams in another MoBo. Did not turn on. Did a windows reinstall notting. Going crazy for the LEDs. The ram works fine

trident Z RGB 16gb 3600hz
          - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.90GHz
          - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
          - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 CL16
          - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
          - NXZT HUE+ RGB Fans
          - Deepcool Capitan 120
          - Corsair CM 750W 80Plus Gold

Comment

yeah, u must work for g.skill, hmm that would be too much of a pain to program in and considering we are sourcing our led control software from asus, it might cost us more money to. like i said i feel like this obviously important feature was totally over looked. By your reasoning, you don't give a toot about power conservation or longevity of your LED's on your ram modules. So i got a solution to you... when they figure out a way to automatically turn the led's off when entering a hibernating/sleep state, how about you Disable your computers' hibernation all together and enjoy your flashing lights and higher electric bill. not to mention for you to be not all surprised when your system dies a year or 2 sooner than you were expecting from leaving it on all the time, without sleep mode.

=P
            Yeah, my computer never hibernates or sleeps. On 24/7. This is a huge non-issue for me. I have no desire to have my RAM LEDs turn off...ever.

Same thing with my last PC, a first generation i7 860, and it is actually still going strong some 8 years later.

Never really noticed the $1 difference on my power bill.

Do you realize a few things? One, that these LEDs take up next to NO power. Like seriously, your monitor on for one hour probably consumes more power than these LEDs will over their entire lifetime. Two, LEDs, especially ones like this, last pretty much forever. They really don't burn out.
            Last edited by Gameface; 03-24-2017, 11:19 PM.
            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
            Intel i5 7600k
            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

• Hi,

I have a asus maximus ix formula with F4-4133C19-8GTZR. After i installed the TridentZ_RGB_v1.00.08beta. I lost the ability to open Asus Aura. If i uninstall the beta i can use aura again.
              I also can't get the mother board and ram to sink with each other.

thanks

Comment

• Hello all! I already tried everything and still had one ram stick with led off. The rest works perfectly with the Aura program.
                I'm using 4 RAM on the MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270 Asus motherboard.
                I hope a software update can solve the problem, I don't want to request the RMA right now.
                Sorry for any orthographic error, english isn't my native langage.
                https://ibb.co/d7trbF

Comment

• ehh.

It's a non-starter for me.

Biostar X370GT7
                  Ryzen7 1700
                  Gskill RGB @ 3200mhz (2933@C14)

program does not detect RGB DIMM's and fails to start.
                  Tried switching DIMM slots and then it only detected 8 gigs of memory? even though both dimms showed up as 8 gigs? WTF biostar. didn't try to start the computer further from bios as i didn't want to risk damaging anything from a very obvious error. sticks are back in the 2-4 position.

Comment

• Can someone who's have their ram led working upload the las profile file found in the folders. Make sure u have the default cycling effect. I wanna try if maybe because I'm missing that profile it's not working.
                    - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.90GHz
                    - MSI Z270 Gaming M7
                    - 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3600 CL16
                    - MSI GTX 1070 Gaming Z
                    - NXZT HUE+ RGB Fans
                    - Deepcool Capitan 120
                    - Corsair CM 750W 80Plus Gold

Comment

yeah, u must work for g.skill, hmm that would be too much of a pain to program in and considering we are sourcing our led control software from asus, it might cost us more money to. like i said i feel like this obviously important feature was totally over looked. By your reasoning, you don't give a toot about power conservation or longevity of your LED's on your ram modules. So i got a solution to you... when they figure out a way to automatically turn the led's off when entering a hibernating/sleep state, how about you Disable your computers' hibernation all together and enjoy your flashing lights and higher electric bill. not to mention for you to be not all surprised when your system dies a year or 2 sooner than you were expecting from leaving it on all the time, without sleep mode.

=P
                      Actually, I don't work for G.SKILL. I just know how a computer works. It's always easier for a consumer to say "DO THIS BETTER" because they have no idea what goes into making things possible. If you really cared that much about your electric bill you would be shutting down your computer anyway. You should also consider testing your systems power draw with the RGB modules and regular Trident Z Modules. There's only a difference of about a watt or so. And no I'm not concerned about the longevity of these LEDs. The product does come with a lifetime warranty so unless I pour water on them or step on them they will be replaced. Not to mention the fact that its only $200

Comment

• On my Formula IX I installed G.skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR). Unfortunately, the memory is not recognized by Asus AURA or the G.skill tool.

The tool aborts the boot process with the message "No Trident Z RGB modules installed". I have already tried all DIMM slots. Asus AURA recognizes only the LEDs of the mainboard and the installed LED strip.

Mainboard: Formula IX
                        Bios: 0906

Can someone help me?

Comment

• Originally posted by proph View Post
                          On my Formula IX I installed G.skill Trident Z RGB (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR). Unfortunately, the memory is not recognized by Asus AURA or the G.skill tool.

The tool aborts the boot process with the message "No Trident Z RGB modules installed". I have already tried all DIMM slots. Asus AURA recognizes only the LEDs of the mainboard and the installed LED strip.

Mainboard: Formula IX
                          Bios: 0906

Can someone help me?
                          asus aura software and gskill doesnt work together because they overlap each other. you need to uninstall one.

dont install the gskill software
                          Intel i5 6600K @ 4.5GHz 1.36v 53c Max Temp
                          Asrock Z270 Extreme4
                          16GB Trident Z RGB 3000MHz
                          Galax GTX 1070 Hall Of Fame
                          Seasonic Prime Titanium 650W
                          ID Cooling Frostflow 240L-W

Comment

• I have a Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Motherboard with 32G GSkill Trident Z RGB 3866MHz (F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR)(4 dimms) and i7-7700K cpu running windows 10 64bit

When I first put the system together and installed the GSkill Software v1.00.08beta the rightmost dimm (furthest from cpu) colour wasnt contollable by the software. I thought it was bad dimm but when I switched it the issue stayed with the slot not the dimm. When I came here I read the clean uninstall process and followed that and then reinstalled and it now all works fine.

It would seem strange that resolved the issue as it was a first time install prior to the clean uninstall but it did.

Hope this helps someone with the same mobo
                            Regards
                            Sono
                            PS I have requested that Gigabyte look into integrated control of the dimm colour into their RGB Fusion software so hope GSkill can work with them. The Aorus Gigabyte motherboards are awesome as is this memory.
                            Last edited by sono; 03-26-2017, 08:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by evaldofilho.br View Post
                              Hello all! I already tried everything and still had one ram stick with led off. The rest works perfectly with the Aura program.
                              I'm using 4 RAM on the MAXIMUS IX HERO Z270 Asus motherboard.
                              I hope a software update can solve the problem, I don't want to request the RMA right now.
                              Sorry for any orthographic error, english isn't my native langage.
                              https://ibb.co/d7trbF
                              Finally I fix the problem with one dark stick.
                              First I did the clear cmos option of my motherboard, then I uninstalled the Aura program and rebooted. After that, I installed and ran the Trident Z RGB Control and chose default option and voilà... The four RAMs works perfectly again!!!
                              So I did the clear uninstall process and now I can use the Aura program without problems.
                              I hope this will help someone else...

PS. Now I pretty sure this is software problem.

https://ibb.co/mWHzfa
                              Last edited by evaldofilho.br; 03-26-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by sono View Post
                                I have a Gigabyte Aorus GA-Z270X-Gaming 7 Motherboard with 32G GSkill Trident Z RGB 3866MHz (F4-3866C18Q-32GTZR)(4 dimms) and i7-7700K cpu running windows 10 64bit

When I first put the system together and installed the GSkill Software v1.00.08beta the rightmost dimm (furthest from cpu) colour wasnt contollable by the software. I thought it was bad dimm but when I switched it the issue stayed with the slot not the dimm. When I came here I read the clean uninstall process and followed that and then reinstalled and it now all works fine.

It would seem strange that resolved the issue as it was a first time install prior to the clean uninstall but it did.

Hope this helps someone with the same mobo
                                Regards
                                Sono
                                PS I have requested that Gigabyte look into integrated control of the dimm colour into their RGB Fusion software so hope GSkill can work with them. The Aorus Gigabyte motherboards are awesome as is this memory.
                                Yeah, I wonder if this isn't going to be fixed until it is addressed by a BIOS update from the MB manufacturers end.

I've got the same MB as you and the clean uninstall worked for me as well.
                                Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                                Intel i5 7600k
                                Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                                4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                                1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                                Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

Working...
                                X