No announcement yet.

Post your issues with the Trident RGB Control software here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can finally adjust them. changed the board to an m7 and walla!
    http://gph.is/2n1Xn3V

Comment

Originally posted by MeiBee View Post
      We started out with just one LED out, then at some point it became both of them. We've tried the shut down several times and at least two of those times we left the PC unplugged for 20+ minutes. At some point while my husband was doing some jiggery-pokery with the computer one of the two RAM lights came back, but we're still down one.

Motherboard is:
      MSI Enthusiastic Gaming Intel Z270 DDR4 VR Ready HDMI USB 3 ATX Motherboard (Z270 GAMING M5)

BIOS is: 1.50 2/15/2017

I have emailed tech support but no replies yet to help. Husband is getting to the point that he wants to just return the ram -- is there confirmation at least that the LED isn't broken permanently so I can reassure him that this is a temp issue?

Thanks xoxo
      This is for anyone who has any dark RAM sticks or any sticks stuck in one color.

Hey, try this. After reading up on this in this thread, it worked for me perfectly.

Navigate to the following location:

C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\AsRogAuraService\1.00.01

Inside of this folder, you should see something that says "LastProfile". Move it or delete it from this folder.

*Optional: Type in services.msc and then look for AsRogAuraService and restart it.

Once you've completed the steps above, shut down your computer. Manually restart it afterwards.

After that, check and see if your dark RAM stick lights back up again.

This should remedy any dark stick issues you have, as I ran into this issue with my Z270 Motherboard and promptly got them to work without any reinstallation of software. Of course, if you had any presets enabled you will have to set them again.

Comment

Originally posted by Ekis View Post
        This is for anyone who has any dark RAM sticks or any sticks stuck in one color.

Hey, try this. After reading up on this in this thread, it worked for me perfectly.

Inside of this folder, you should see something that says "LastProfile". Move it or delete it from this folder.

*Optional: Type in services.msc and then look for AsRogAuraService and restart it.

Once you've completed the steps above, shut down your computer. Manually restart it afterwards.

This should remedy any dark stick issues you have, as I ran into this issue with my Z270 Motherboard and promptly got them to work without any reinstallation of software. Of course, if you had any presets enabled you will have to set them again.

Just tried it and nothing changed, my 1 stick went to default the other did not respond.

Comment

I have a question about this step for the clean uninstall.

"3. Go to the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\As"RogAuraService”, and delete the “1.00.01” folder. (This will remove files related to the background service.)"

I can't find the folder on my computer, i tried skipping the step and restarting after uninstalling the software but the problem's still there. Only one stick lights up completely, the other is still stuck on one color and its dim.

Comment

Originally posted by zero113two View Post
            I have a question about this step for the clean uninstall.

"3. Go to the folder “C:\Program Files (x86)\ASUS\As"RogAuraService”, and delete the “1.00.01” folder. (This will remove files related to the background service.)"

I can't find the folder on my computer, i tried skipping the step and restarting after uninstalling the software but the problem's still there. Only one stick lights up completely, the other is still stuck on one color and its dim.
            Ahh, I had this problem too. I couldn't find that folder to complete the steps of the clean uninstall. I had installed and uninstalled the software several times and also deleted the asrog stuff earlier.

I did the clean uninstall and reinstall and nothing got better. So, after the reinstall and attempting to run the software I did another clean uninstall and it was there on the second attempt. Then when I did another reinstall, upon shutting my computer down, just before power turned off one of my sticks lit up. I did the whole ting over again and after the next try the other dark stick lit up.
            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
            Intel i5 7600k
            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

After 5 clean uninstall there is still 1 dark module.
              I made a deal with my shop, that I will wait for the next version to fix it before I will return them. I already got the papers to send them back, hopefully there will be no reason to use them.
              - Intel i7-7700k @ 4.80GHz
              - MSI Z270 Gaming Pro Carbon
              - 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200 CL16
              - Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 Gaming G1
              - Sound Blaster Z
              - Thermaltake View 31 TG RGB
              - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB 650W 80Plus Gold

Comment

If you're getting an RMA replacement, might we recommend to hold off using v1.00.08 BETA?

We're pretty sure it's a software bug, and we're trying to implement different solutions in the next version, so that we don't run into the same issue again.

Comment

Asus Crosshair VI support

Waiting on software support. Memory works sexcellent at 3200mhz with 15-15-15-15-37 on 3000mhz 14-14-14-14-34 ram. I did have to up SOC voltage to 1.05volts and Dram voltage to 1.375voltage. It is rock solid and really helped in game frame rates. Just wish the beta rgb software would recognize I had the memory in.

Comment

Hey guys,

Just finally got approved on here and wanted to chime in with my similar issues mostly to get the hardware config known.

I've done many clean uninstalls and reinstalls with many boots in between. I've also powered down and pulled power cable for many many minutes.

I have a semi blank stick that seems to be stuck in this state as others are too experiencing.

Also you guys should have many many crash reports from me as well lol.

Looking forward to some updates to get things working better.

RAM: F4-3200C14Q-32GTZR
                    Motherboard: GA-Z170X-UD3
                    BIOS: F21 (Now on F22 which didn't change anything for me.)

http://imgur.com/a/NN8SX
                    Last edited by thedeceiver; 03-24-2017, 12:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by avioni View Post
                      can finally adjust them. changed the board to an m7 and walla!
                      http://gph.is/2n1Xn3V
                      What settings are you using for the lights? You're using the G skill software? They look dope.

Comment

• Originally posted by edgar691 View Post
                        What settings are you using for the lights? You're using the G skill software? They look dope.
                        yes the gskill software "flash and dash" setting.

Comment

• Thank you but this didn't work for us either

Originally posted by Ekis View Post

Comment

• I'm really surprised that I was able to get mine working when so many other people are not having luck with the same method.

It'd be great if while we wait for full-featured software that works G.Skill could put out a reset tool to get people's sticks to light up and go back to default mode.
                            Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                            Intel i5 7600k
                            Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                            4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                            1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                            Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

• i have not had issues with mine after it finally worked. other than the effect animation sometimes stuttering or pausing for a few seconds or the app crashing from time to time when in use
                              everything seems to be working fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ekis View Post

I have a Asus crosshair vi hero motherboard. My ram never even showed up with the trident z rgb control software. The only thing that software seemed to see was my motherboard. However, my aura sync software showed my modules just fine for about 2 days. Then the modules disappeared, no amount of clean install on either software asus or trident or powering down and unplugging did anything! I even took the ram out and changed slots, It is now stuck on the color I set one day in aura sync and nothing seems to change that.

Comment

Working...
                                X