Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR4 Trident Z RGB Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Problem

DDR4 Trident Z RGB F4-2400C15Q-32GTZR

Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura is the motherboard.

I just purchased and replaced the ram on my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard. I can not find a way to change the LED bars on the ram to different colors/patterns. The G.Skill website states that they are Asus Aura Sync ready. I have downloaded the software for the MOBO and I can change the colors patterns on the MOBO and the Gigabyte GPU.

So is there something I am not doing correctly?

Thank you in advance

Anyone

Anyone know how?

Comment

Not available just yet

Comment

When?

Do you know when the software / program will come out? Please post here when it does. Thank you!

Comment

I would also like a less vague ETA.

For the record my Z270 Asus Board also does not recognize the Trident Z RGBs in Asus Aura and remains in rainbow mode by default.

Is there maybe a way to get the Beta Version? ...i know Linus from Linus Tech Tips already has it.

Comment

Correct, Trident Z RGB will be recognized in the next ASUS Aura update.

Comment

My Trident.Z RGB's are BLUE now !!!

not rainbow mode anymore

i just completely randomly stumbled over this youtube comment (there is an angry crowd forming there with the same "issue")
              this video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMUZMfnLTtw should be a reply to the first comment

go here: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards...Desk_Download/

download "Lighting_Control_10422"
              that is Asus Aura Version 10.4.22
              and it can control the Trident Z RGB !!!

i don't know whats going on at Asus, they didn't name it properly, do not have a changelog and its only on the helpdesk site for the Maximus IX APEX board for 4 DAYS now! (ok 2 work days + weekend)
              and it has not made it to the helpdesk sites of any other Mainboard.

...i'm just amazed right now that i find out about this in a youtube comment instead of the software being available in the correct place on the Asus page.

I mean, they must be aware, at least on some level, that this Mainboard is a 350€ Premium Product, right?

Comment

Here it is.

https://www.asus.com/us/support/Down...xPqXbYglEa/45/

Lighting_Control_10422

Comment

Any word on when the G.Skill software for the Trident Z RGB RAM will be released?

Info says February, hoping that will be true. Well, that or Gigabyte updates their RGB Fusion software to support it.
                  Gigabyte Z270 Gaiming 7 (GA-Z270X Gaiming 7) BIOS F4
                  Intel i5 7600k
                  Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1070 G1 (GV-N1070G1 GAIMING-8GD)
                  4x G.Skill Trident Z RGB (DDR4 2400 - PC4 19200)
                  1TB Samsung 960 EVO
                  Win10 Home 64bit

Comment

They've updated with v1.04.29! it's got official support for the TridentZ RGB lighting =D

Seems like it's listed for Z270 boards so far.

dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/misc/utils/Lighting_Control_10429.zip
                    Last edited by TrickyLoki; 02-22-2017, 10:23 PM. Reason: Nope. Jumped the gun. Z170 doesn't work. D'oh.

Comment

Originally posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
                      I would also like a less vague ETA.

For the record my Z270 Asus Board also does not recognize the Trident Z RGBs in Asus Aura and remains in rainbow mode by default.

Is there maybe a way to get the Beta Version? ...i know Linus from Linus Tech Tips already has it.
                      at least yours are working on my z270f board they doesnt even work i keep getting an amber led dram error and i test an corsair ram and they worked flawlessly

Comment

Test one module at a time to see if both modules work fine individually.

Here is the Trident Z RGB software:

http://www.gskill.com/en/download/vi...control--beta-

Comment

Working...
                        X