Can not change timmings on F4-3600C18D-32GTZN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can not change timmings on F4-3600C18D-32GTZN

I am running a Asrock B550 Taichi motherboard a 5700x with a Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler and a Seasonic Platinum 1300w PSU. My problem is with the memory. In my bios for my motherboard I have all the options to change frequency, voltage, and timings. I run the memory at stock settings with XMP. The memory runs perfectly fine. My problem is I can not change the timings of the memory even after I disable XMP. I can change frequency and voltage, but not timings. This is my first kit of G Skill memory. Is this ram locked, or is this a issue with my particular motherboard? Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.

What timings did you try to change and what to?
    Depending upon the DRAM type, you might not be able to lower some of them, without reducing the frequency.

In general the timings are not locked, unless the option to change them is not available in the UEFI at all (that is the case with OEM or server hardware).It definitely shouldn't be an issue with higher end consumer hardware like your ASRock B550 Taichi.Even though I am not familiar with it personally, I am sure it has seen plenty of use among overclockers.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

This is my first personal use if a Asrock motherboard and G Skill memory. I do not want to increase frequency, just tighten the trimmings of the memory. I just want to get the most possible out of this memory. I am curious if I won the silicon lottery.

Comment

Working...
      X