Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

B450M DS3H WIFI, F4-3200C16D-16GVRB RipjawsV XMP issues with FATAL Error in Prime95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B450M DS3H WIFI, F4-3200C16D-16GVRB RipjawsV XMP issues with FATAL Error in Prime95

Hi
    I'm trying to build a system with the following components for upgrading the home 2016 windows essentials server.
    • gigabyte b450m ds3h wifi MB
    • AMD Ryzen 3600 (got it as a combo from microcenter for $130)
    • EVGA 220-G5-0650-X1 Super Nova 650 G5
    • Thermalright Silver Soul 135
    • F4-3200C16D-16GVRB Ripjaws V DDR4-3200 CL16-18-18-38 1.35V 16GB (2x8GB)
    • As for the video card, I have an old Sapphire ATI 4550. I think it will do for my needs.
    I will not do any overclocking. Both memory similar prices. RipjawsV is XMP compatible but I have heard AMD may not play nice with an XMP profile. Without XMP than Ripjaws runs at 2133 speed.
    It seems that when I enable XMP than I get a FATAL error in the Prime 95 test but if I disable XMP then everything is fine. I have replaced memory twice now and I don't think it is memory. Otherwise, people using it with other systems would complain about it.
    Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Did you populate slots two and four away from the CPU? Try one module at a time in the second slot to see if both have the same results. If XMP is unstable, manually set DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2933 to see if it can be more stable. The results should provide some insight to where the limitation may be.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard? Did you populate slots two and four away from the CPU? Try one module at a time in the second slot to see if both have the same results. If XMP is unstable, manually set DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2933 to see if it can be more stable. The results should provide some insight to where the limitation may be.
      If I go the manual route, what voltage should I set it with DDR4-2933? Also what other setting should be set to for it to be on 2933 speed?

Comment

Same as rated, with XMP enabled, manually reduce DRAM Frequency to DDR4-2933. XMP will take care of everything else such as DRAM Voltage and timings.

Comment

Working...
        X