Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asus Z370-F + F4-3600C16Q-64GTRG = ?

Hello,

I have these RAMs for almost one year and I had only issues with them on the Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z370-F motherboard.
    They're not in the QVL list on Asus website but they are QVL on G.Skill website.

The issue that I have is my PC suddently while browsing the internet, watching a video, playing a game, at whatever moment, the PC shut down itself, sometimes, it's a blue screen.
    Sometimes, I'm unable to boot it until Post, so I have to remove the CMOS battery and CLRTC Jumper to make it boot again.
    Once, it crashed during a Bios downgrade.

I have tried to run a memtest from a bootable usb key, with the G.Skill ram, and the PC even crashed during this test...

I am running now since yesterday older Corsair ram, 2x8GB at 4000MHz C19, it doesn't crashes at least...

Here's my Specs:
    digitalizeur PC Specs
    Motherboard ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING
    Processor Intel Core i7-8700K
    Memory (part number) 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Royal Gold 3600MHz C16 ( F4-3600C16Q-64GTRG )
    Graphics Card #1 ROG-STRIX-RTX2080Ti-O11G-GAMING
    Monitor ROG SWIFT PG258Q
    Storage #1 Samsung 970 EVO 500GB PCI-E x4
    Storage #2 Enought With 500GB
    CPU Cooler Corsair H100i Pro RGB
    Case Corsair Crystal Series 570X
    Power Supply Corsair HX850i
    Keyboard Ducky Shine BlackOut 7 with Corsair Double Shot PBT KeyCaps Belgian Azerty
    Mouse Corsair M65 Elite Black
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 ( First Version ) Amplified with Z370-F MotherBoard's Audio
    Mouse Pad Corsair MM800 RGB Hard Surface
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z623 ( First Ones )
    OS MicroSoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bits 2,5€ OEM Key
    Network Router BBOX3 XStream Proximus
    Accessory #1 Corsair Commander Pro
    Accessory #2 ComFast CF-AX 210 Pro ( WiFi 6B PCI-E Card )
    Accessory #3 Xbox One Controller Wired
    I remember having found on the internet from Asus ROG Forums, to set the Training Profile at "Standard Training" or "Standard Profile" rather than on "Auto".
    And this is how it worked to Post. Otherwise, when I am trying to enable the XMP without modifying this setting, the system won't Post.
    I have tried the latest bios 3004 and an older one, the 2801, but, still, nothing.

Product Page : F4-3600C16Q-64GTRG - G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd. (gskill.com)
    QVL MotherBoard : F4-3600C16Q-64GTRG - QVL - G.SKILL International Enterprise Co., Ltd. (gskill.com)

Do you have any recommendations ? Some BIOS settings that I should try ?
    Last edited by digitalizeur; 02-28-2023, 05:15 AM.

Try one module at a time to see if all have the same results. If one performs differently, send them in for replacement:

https://www.gskill.com/rma-policy

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Try one module at a time to see if all have the same results. If one performs differently, send them in for replacement:

https://www.gskill.com/rma-policy
      Hello,

Thank you for your help.

I have tried to run the ram on XMP individually, and, they all worked, I mean, was able to post, orange led then the white led which means OK and I was able to boot. One by one stick.

Then, I have tried to run a memtest86 from a bootable usb key, on stock, bios and ram, none was able to succeed to run the memtest86.
      And none was able to run the memtest86 on XMP profile either.

The four sticks weren't able to do the memtest86 but all individually could post and boot to windows.

I should really do an RMA at this point then ?

Comment

What version memtest86? Did you try any stress test or other to see if the system is stable? That is a validated combination so it should be able to work fine.

Comment

What version memtest86? Did you try any stress test or other to see if the system is stable? That is a validated combination so it should be able to work fine.
          Hello,

I have used the " MemTest86 V10.2 Free Build: 1000 (64-bit) "
          Apparently, there are log files in the folders...

I have not tried to run any stress test, which one should I try?

Also, should I try to boot my pc with one stick, then with two, three and then four at XMP settings ? Could this troubleshoot anything ?

Also: Edit:
          When I got these sticks, I was able to boot them with XMP profile, I have searched on google and found a result:
          On some Asus ROG Forums, they were talking about

"Memory Training Profile"
          • Auto
          • Standard Profile
          • ASUS

And I have selected Standard Profile instead of Auto, but this setting made my system always unstable, shutdown times to times, etc...

This is why I'm trying to find a solution here because I don't really want to RMA them... But if I need to... I guess I will...
          Last edited by digitalizeur; 03-03-2023, 01:32 AM.

Comment

Prime95 is a good stress test.

Yes, you can try installing one at a time. This can be helpful for troubleshooting; surprisingly sometimes just doing so allows the system to work better.

Ideally you want to find some difference between the modules to confirm the issue. However, since they were working fine previously and it is a validated combination, replacing with a new set is worth a shot.

Comment

Prime95 is a good stress test.

Yes, you can try installing one at a time. This can be helpful for troubleshooting; surprisingly sometimes just doing so allows the system to work better.

Ideally you want to find some difference between the modules to confirm the issue. However, since they were working fine previously and it is a validated combination, replacing with a new set is worth a shot.
              I mean, yes, I was able to Boot/Post with the four sticks with a setting that I have changed in the BIOS

"Memory Training Profile"
              • Auto
              • Standard Profile
              • ASUS

And, I have selected "Standard Profile" otherwise, on XMP, without any modifications, the four sticks weren't able to Boot/Post.
              Even with 1,55-1,60 Volts.
              But... With this setting, I had BSOD's, suddent random shutdowns during any usage.

I will now try Prime95 then on stock for the four sticks.

After Prime 95 test, bios at stock, ram at stock:

• two sticks failed individually the test
              • !!! one stick couldn't individually boot/post !!!
              • one stick stayed individually more than two hours doing the stress test without having any BSODs, suddent shutdowns, etc...

and I have the attachement with the results

I have written on a paper which one worked by its serial number

test done as this guy said: Prime95: What FFT sizes to test for RAM stability? : overclocking (reddit.com)

Should I make a Prime95 test with XMP enabled ?
              Attached Files
              Last edited by digitalizeur; 03-04-2023, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Finally sent for RMA ...

Comment

Working...
                X