No announcement yet.

Issue with F4-3600C18D-64GTZR (2x32gb)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with F4-3600C18D-64GTZR (2x32gb)

Hi there all,

I am very lost with what to do, I have been stuck getting faulty modules since December Last year, I first got 4x 16gb Corsair Vengeance (returned as 1 module was making system fail to post), then got a replacement set which 1 module had only half of the LEDs working, so I returned those and since boycotted that supplier as it was becoming more and more common to get second-hand/faulty products and switched to PC Case Gear, I decided to steer away from Corsair and go with G.Skills TridentZ as I had heard very good things for these modules being ideal with Production programs for Developers/Creators.

Initially these new TridentZ modules seemed to be doing quite well, however the only issue I had at first was that I could not get the full potential out of the modules and could only run them at 3000MHz out of 3600MHz otherwise raising even a fraction higher the PC would not post to bios and just flicked on/off/on/off a few times before automatically reverting the settings, after the many stuff arounds and product returns I was happy enough to just let this slide as I finally got a set of modules that actually worked.

Unfortunately the longer I used these modules to more issues I ran into, after a few weeks of use I started running into the odd BSOD which later turned into Blue Screening every 10-30 minutes and a ridicules amount of RAM Usage from Unity Game Engine - With my (current/old) Vengeance 32gb kit Unity would often use around 16gb and was sometimes reaching cap and making Unity Crash on intense processes (Saving Project, or loading into Play Mode) hence the intention to upgrade to 64gb - with the TridentZ kit, Unity went from sitting at a happy 16-18gb avg of RAM usage while using my old modules, to a massive 54gb and crashing Unity almost every time I attempted to Save the project or enter Play-Mode in the Editor with the TridentZ kit, if it didn't crash while entering Play-Mode it would generally BSOD soon after with an error code of 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT' or 'WATCHDOG_VIOLATION'.

Corsair Vengeance 32GB average usage:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Lol.png
Views:	910
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	168441

TridentZ 64gb average usage:

Name:	HighRAMUsageUnity1.png
Views:	112
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	168442

After this I did everything in my power to solve this issue without having to resort to another Return/RMA process.

Things I've tried:
    • Re-seating modules countless times
    • Update Windows
    • Update all System Drivers
    • Flash/Update BIOS
    • Resetting CMOS
    • Reinstalled Windows
    • Individual Module Testing
    • Individual RAM Slot Testing
    The only way I found to fix the issue was remove the TridentZ Modules and use my old Vengeance Modules which I've had for a number of years now and haven't once experienced a BSOD, which I've had to make work by making cuts to my projects footprint on RAM Usage for the time being so I could continue progressing on my project.

Since reverting back to my Vengeance set and being out of the 1 month return policy from the supplier I was advised to open an RMA with G.Skill which I did.

After receiving the details on where to send my modules for the RMA Claim the uncertainty continued to grow, I never heard from G.Skill in relation to my RMA.. After a week of my Postal Tracking Service saying the package was delivered and still not hearing a thing from any G.Skill rep I decided to reach out and ask if the package was received and what was happening. I was assured that the package arrived safely and testing is underway. Over a month goes by and I still don't hear anything about the RMA - I then received a parcel out of the blue containing a another set of Modules. I am still unsure if they are the exact same modules I had sent or a replacement set (I havnt yet had a look at the modules S/Ns and compared to the ones I sent), as the ones I received were fully sealed in the box, though the modules them selves have a few scratches and dents on the heatsinks indicating that they are either a re-packaged pre-owned set or the exact set that I had sent off for the RMA.. the reason I do not know is because I haven't heard a single thing from G.skill in relation to my RMA Claim, I am still currently awaiting a reply from G.Skill as to what the outcome was with my RMA as there was no documentation with the package and there has been absolutely ZERO communication besides when I asked if the package had arrived nearing 2 months ago.

After giving up waiting for a reply from G.Skill I decided to open the Box of Modules and Install them and found I am still facing the exact same issues. I can only run the modules at 3000MHz max and am still getting the occasional BSOD at Idle which only worsens when under load from either Unity or even just general Gaming, with or without applying the RAM Profile (@3000Mhz max).

My PC Specs are as follows:
    • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Standard Clock
    • GPU - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 3050 - Mild Overclock
    • OS - Windows 10 64bit - Latest Update
    • MOBO - ASUS ROG STRIX B550F Wifi
    • PSU - Deep Cool 750W 80+ Gold
    • (Old) RAM - Corsair Vengeance RBG Pro - 4x8GB (32gb) 3200MHz C16 (Able to run suggested profile no worries with no BSODs)
    • (New) RAM - G.Skill TridentZ RGB - 2x32GB (64gb) 3600MHz C18 (Able to run suggested profile after changing Frequency from 3600MHz to 3000MHz otherwise fails to post if any higher)
    Even before my initial purchase I triple checked that my system is supported by the QVL which it is:

Name:	Screenshot_182.png
Views:	120
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	168443

I unfortunately did not do a memory test (MemTest86) with the initial modules that I sent to RMA, though I was able to get 1 successful pass with the "replacement?" modules which yielded no errors while on the Modified suggested profile (adjusted freq from 3600mhz to 3000mhz).

So once again, I am left dazed and puzzled on what to do.. Should I just sell these modules, cut my losses and go for a different brand that is more recognisably stable on my system as I have been left with stuff around after stuff around since December last year and am getting bloody tired.. Never once in my life have I experienced such a headache with these companies and Returns/RMAs and neglect of communication and am now left with modules that do no function correctly on my machine and have little to zero chance in getting my full invested cash amount back on these modules. Or could it just be something I am over looking? who knows I've tried everything I can think of and everything that the top 20 or so google searches provide.. Again I've heard nothing but good things about these modules and their capabilities, but this whole experience has left a very sour taste in my mouth toward G.skill especially the lack of care and communication towards it's customers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Working...
X