F4-4000C16-16GTRSA x 2 safe temperature

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4000C16-16GTRSA x 2 safe temperature

I have F4-4000C16-16GTRSA x 2, can you provide indicative for this memory: A. safe temperatures, B. what temperature can errors start from, C. What is the lowest temperature at which memory may be burned (it is about indicative / approximate values).
    Last edited by duo21; 05-10-2022, 10:23 AM.

A. Under 70 degrees Celsius
    B. Varies, 80C+
    C. What do you mean burned?

Comment

C = death of memory - sorry for my english

They can really work quietly up to 70 degrees?

Comment

Temperature-wise you will typically run into stability issues long before you damage/burn the memory.

Also be aware that actual IC temperatures can/will be higher than what the sensor on the PCB reports. So to get accurate temperature readings of the DRAM itself, you would have to apply e.g. a foil sensor to one of the ICs. Some motherboards like the ROG models have sensor connectors onboard, otherwise you would need additional hardware for that.

In general even high voltage memory should not overheat, if there is proper airflow in the system. For example most cases have the option to run both front intake and top exhaust fans. However with manual overclocking dedicated memory cooling can be helpful to run super tight timings.

In my system there are two 140mm exhaust fans on top, with one sitting directly above the memory. It keeps my Trident Z stable and in the 50°C range even at 4400 CL16 1.5V during hot summer days.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X