RAM Installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAM Installation

I installed 2 x 16GB RAM modules that I bought (G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4). Then my MSI GP72 6QF Leopard Pro laptop won't boot up. I inserted the old modules, then it booted normally. My laptop is capable to handle 32GB RAM. Any advice on how to proceed further?

Test both modules individually to check, if the issue exists only with one of them.

If one of the modules works in both slots and the other one doesn't, then you might have to RMA that one (or the kit).
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

I have tested both modules by inserting one old module and a new one. Both times both combinations (old and new) booted up the laptop. So they both are working but not as a pair.

Comment

What I meant was testing only one of the two new modules at a time by itself.

If neither one does work by itself, it is probably a compatibility issue. If the system fails to POST with just one of them, it might be a defective module.

Comment

Okay, I understand what you say. I will do that testing now and get back to on the results.

Comment

I have done the testing as advised. None of the two modules boot up the laptop if inserted individually.

Comment

That sounds like a compatibility issue then, since it is unlikely that both modules are defective.

Comment

Okay, thank for your kind assistance!

Comment

Working...
                X