Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memory Base 64K RAM Failure

Hi All,
    So I recently assembled a new computer with an X570 Aorus Elite WiFi board and a Zen 3 Ryzen 7 5800X. I do have the latest BIOS installed. I initially installed a set of F4-3200C16D-32GTRS, 16GBx2. They worked fine but I wanted to improve memory performance so I installed a set of F4-4000C18D-32GTRS, 16GBx2. They work well and are running with XMP profile enabled at 4000. Trying to get a little better memory performance I installed a set of F4-4000C16D-32GTZNA. When I set up the BIOS for this memory with XMP enabled at 4000 the system would not boot and I received the 3 beep BIOS code for Base 64K Ram failure. I did experiment with running the memory at 3200, 3600 and 3800. I received the three beep error at every thing over 3600 even with relaxed settings. I installed one stick at a time and neither one would boot with the 3 beeps. I ran MemTest through 3 passes but it didn't have any errors. I put the F4-4000C18D-32GTRS, 16GBx2 back in with XMP enabled and had no problems starting the system.

Do I have bad memory or is there something about the modules with Samsung chips that don't like running at 4000 on an AMD set-up. Or could it be something else?

Thanks for any suggestions?
    John

So anything other than default will not boot properly? That is quite strange, but since other sets work fine, we must assume it is more likely an issue with the memory kit. Did you check CPUz or SPD info to see if specs are correct?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      So anything other than default will not boot properly? That is quite strange, but since other sets work fine, we must assume it is more likely an issue with the memory kit. Did you check CPUz or SPD info to see if specs are correct?
      Thanks for the quick reply! The set would boot manually set at default, 3200 and 3600. 3800 and the XMP 4000 profile would not boot with the Base 64K ram failure beeps. I did run CPU-Z and it indicated all the correct specs.

To troubleshoot a little more I installed the kit in my old 7th Gen Intel system. It would boot at default settings. The motherboard supports up to DDR4 3866 so I tried 3200 settings and it wouldn't boot with an undetermined beep code error as the system reset while the motherboard was still beeping. When the system restarted I received a Windows BSOD error of "page fault in a non-page area". I then installed the F4-3200C16D-32GTRS, 16GBx2 memory and it ran fine with the XMP enabled. I think the F4-4000C16D-32GTZNA kit is defective.

Thanks!
      John

Comment

Feel free to send them in for RMA to see if a replacement kit can work better. If you are beyond 30 days of purchase, please submit the G.Skill RMA form online:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Within 30 days, the vendor should be able to replace them.

Comment

Thanks GSKILL TECH, but I already returned them to NewEgg for a replacement kit.

Comment

check if they run 1T or 2T, that is probably the fault
            my son pc just got 2x32 4000MHZ G,skill in and they were wrong that they stood for 1T with xmp he got a 5600x

try 2T
            Last edited by Martin.v.r; 03-23-2022, 01:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X