Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

f4-4000c18d-32gtrs 16bx2 (will 2 of these sets run together at 64gb total)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f4-4000c18d-32gtrs 16bx2 (will 2 of these sets run together at 64gb total)

I accidentally bought an extra box of f4-4000c18d-32gtrs 16gbx2 and I was wondering if these 2 memory kits would work together. I know 4 kits are usually tested to work together at the factory, but I was wondering if anyone had any experience with running 2 different kits together that were the exact same memory?

If you have them, feel free to test them out. It is likely you would need to start at a lower DRAM Frequency, then work your way up to see what can be stable.

Comment

I've actually done this I bought a set of Trident Z Royal 2x16gb. Then later bought another set. Both sets have the exact same timings, but considering the time between purchases. I am sure they were from different batches. The only problem I've run into with them is... When all 4 sticks are in the MB they will not run stable at 3600mhz. I can run any of them at 3600mhz alone, paired, or even 3 sticks in. It's just when I add a 4th stick. Windows won't even boot. I think my problem is actually with the MB and not the ram, but it's something I experienced buying 2 sets of 2x16gb and not 1 set of 4x16gb. I ended up doing a manual clock and getting all 4 sticks to run at 3500Mhz. So it's all good until I upgrade my MB.

To answer the question though. Yes, you can put all 4 sticks of ram in your system and they will work. If the timings are different though, you may/will have a problem running at full speed.

Comment

Working...
      X