Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommended 64 GB kit for ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming + Ryzen 9 5900X (no O/C)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommended 64 GB kit for ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming + Ryzen 9 5900X (no O/C)

Per subject line, I need a 64 GB kit for:

ASUS ROG Strix B550-F Gaming
    Ryzen 9 5900X

I won't be overclocking, just running stock. I don't care about RGB. I live in Canada and would prefer not to order from outside the country.

I've read that 4 x 16 GB at 3600 MHz and CL16 or lower is preferred for this CPU. But G.Skill has at least half a dozen kits in that range, and I don't know which ones are even still available anymore, let alone in Canada, or how many organs I will need to sell for anything with CL below 16 (or how significant the perfomance difference would be).

Recommendations?

Here are some top kits available:

https://www.newegg.ca/p/pl?d=gskill+...tsrh=1&Order=1

The first one is bang for the buck.

Comment

Thanks. I did some more reading and it seems that going to CL14 only improves performance by 1-2% at best, so that's not worth the extra cost and having to push 1.45V into it.

Looks like this is my best bet (the one you called "bang for buck", I assume):

F4-3600C16Q-64GTZN (TridentZ 16-16-16-36 @ 1.35V, $615)

Is there any reason to think that I'll have trouble with the default XMP profile on this CPU and motherboard?

(This kit isn't listed on the QVL list.)

Last edited by NecroCommander; 12-07-2021, 03:14 PM. Reason: Typo.

Comment

Originally posted by NecroCommander View Post
        Is there any reason to think that I'll have trouble with the default XMP profile on this CPU and motherboard?
        If you want to be safe, pick a SKU that is listed as compatible by G.SKILL. You can use the RAM configurator to browse and sort them by spec.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          If you want to be safe, pick a SKU that is listed as compatible by G.SKILL. You can use the RAM configurator to browse and sort them by spec.
          Ack. The RAM Configurator shows zero 64 GB (4 x 16 GB) kits at 3600 MHz that are compatible with this motherboard and CPU...

There are a handful of 2 x 32 GB kits with really loose timings.

Is this motherboard really so sad for 64 GB support?

Last edited by NecroCommander; 12-08-2021, 06:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X