Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASUS ROG STRIX z490-I gaming and F4-3600C16D-64GVK (F4-2400C15-16GVR) issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS ROG STRIX z490-I gaming and F4-3600C16D-64GVK (F4-2400C15-16GVR) issue.

Ок. Here are a few questions about declared compatibility.

Description: We have ASUS ROG STRIX z490-i gaming with 10900K onboard. We know that 1200 socket motherboards from ASUS has XMP and in general memory problems out of box. So, we have latest BIOS at this moment. Different versions was tested before.

Here is a problem. Despite the fact that this type of memory is declared as quite working and suitable for this motherboard in G.Skill RAM configurator, F4-3600C16D-64GVK pair does not work at all. Literally computer does not start normally with pair and goes to constant reboot. Mostly with DRAM led error. Probably I should apologize but in order to avoid useless advices, I have to mention that I was trying a lot of moves here. To rise voltage, to set different XMP modes, to lower memory frequency (2933Mhz is declared as maximum for 100900K lol), to wipe the monitor with a clean cloth, dance with a tambourine etc. And as I said, of course I tried different BIOS versions. Now is latest one. Moreover, I changed the motherboard twice with the same steps in each. XMP -> Voltage -> frequency-> cloth-> tambourine. So the body is dead or in the death throes with ASUS z490-i gaming and pair of F4-3600C16D-64GVK.
    One module configuration is ok. For about 5 or 7 minutes. Then the computer restarts. It does not matter witch module from pair in it. However, both modules are OK have been checked/tested in another computer/other configuration by Windows memory check and by Memtest86.

*BTW ASUS ROG z490-f gaming does not work either with F4-3600C16D-64GVK and XMP switched on. Unexpected restarting all the way. 2133Mhz no problem.

Well, I perfectly understand that F4-3600C16D-64GVK is not the best memory in the market. High voltage 1.45 literally screams in our faces that we should try to squeeze the last drop of life from old chips. But wait a minute. It is exist in G.Skill RAM configurator. And it should work. But it doesn’t. Look guys it doesn't really work. At all. Do you do configuration tests at all when you write a particular position in the RAM Configurator?

Chapter Two
    Comprehensively tested F4-2400C15-16GVR pair does not work with ASUS ROG STRIX z490-i gaming motherboard as it should. XMP definitely does not work on three of them. The only way to start the computer is to left the BIOS with ASUS AI tweaked setting and 2133Mhz DRAM frequency. But even in this case we have 7 or 10 computer reboots per day on heavy loaded tasks.
    Let me resume. CPU was tested in other computers during about a week. It’s OK. No rebooting or other artefacts occurred. Motherboard was changed twice. The same issues on each of them. Different BIOS versions were tested. Now is the latest one. In some tests Voltage was rising (in order to make modules more sable, as you said somewhere here in forum). Various manipulations were carried out with the memory frequency. BIOS manipulation, resetting and clearing CMOS is another big mournful song and I will keep it for the next thread lol. A lot of jobs was done to make this sticks work. The result is always the same

F4-3600C16D-64GVK pair – computer does not boot at all. Constant restarting.
    F4-3600C16D-64GVK single. XMP or not - totally unstable. Unexpected reboot no more than 5 minutes.
    F4-2400C15-16GVR pair/single. XMP does not start computer or unstable. No XMP (2133Mhz) is unstable also.

Should I attach screens from G.Skill RAM Configurator here? Guess no.
    So.. I’m not angry after all. Not the first time born. I’m not trying to be rude.
    I spent my money, I kill my time and now the only thing I want to know.

How did You, guys, made your RAM configurator, Huh? And the most interesting thing is where did You, guys, get all this magic hardware in it that is compatible with all your memory modules. Where can we get a piece of that dream-hardware, Huh?
    Last edited by Puppin; 05-30-2021, 11:05 AM.

Where did you purchase the memory? Did they ever work properly in the system or always had an issue? Are you able to try other DDR4 RAM to see if it can work better? There is no known compatibility issue and this is the first report of it's kind so nothing makes sense right now. Also, to have 4 modules defective the same exact way on each is not likely so hopefully more information and testing can narrow down possibilities.

Comment

Working...
    X