Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB DDR4 3600 (F4-3600C16D-16GTZN)- Fails MemTest on stock?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB DDR4 3600 (F4-3600C16D-16GTZN)- Fails MemTest on stock?

Hi everyone, I have the 16gb (2x8gb) (F4-3600C16D-16GTZN) kit and I am running my PC completely on stock settings (full specs below). I'm running the latest BIOS F33g from Gigabyte and windows build 19042. I pretty much left all my bios settings at stock and did not touch any settings at all (memory running on non-XMP mode, 1066Mhz, 15-15-15-36). I would get random restarts for some reason when my computer is on idle in Windows 10. I figured that this may be caused by faulty RAM. As such, I ran approximately 10 instances of Memtest (Version 7.0) simultaneously in windows 10 and loaded my RAM to detect any errors. Within 2 minutes, errors were detected already.

Here is what I have tried to date:
    -previous BIOS versions did not resolve the issue
    -same issue with a Ryzen 3900x
    -turned on XMP mode in BIOS
    -manually changed memory timings and voltage in BIOS to match XMP settings, but still get errors
    -memtest86 failed in less than 2 minutes
    -tried using DRAM calculator as well for custom timings and memtest still gave me errors

Any ideas on what's the issue with my RAM or the random restarts with my computer? Are they related or perhaps separate issues? I heard it may be related to the SoC voltage? Thanks for all your help guys.

Full specs:
    Ryzen 5900x (water cooled)
    Gigabyte Aorus X570 Elite WiFi (BIOS F33g)
    G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3600 (PC4 28800)F4-3600C16D-16GTZN (installed in slots 2 and 4 on mobo)
    EVGA 1080 Ti
    EVGA Supernova 850 G2
    Samsung 970 Evo NVMe 250GB
    XPG SX8200 Pro 1TB NVMe 1TB

Last edited by turok_t; 04-04-2021, 08:55 PM.

Have you tried one module at a time? AUTO default should work without a problem so if that is not working you will need to try one at a time or other RAM to see if results can be better. With individual testing, notice if both have a similar issue or if any difference. Hopefully the results can provide more insight to where the limitation may be.

Comment

Yes, I just tried that too. I installed one stick of RAM in the second slot and ran memtest86 and memtest in windows. The first stick of ram was able to run all 4 tests in memtest86 without any issue and I ran 5 concurrent memtest in windows without any issue. Everything passed.

When I installed the second stick of RAM in slot 2, I immediately received errors within 1 minute in both memtest86 and memtest in windows. No overclocking, all at stock settings.

Comment

Send them in to see if a replacement kit can work better:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Working...
        X