XMP profile issues X570 motherboard 2 DIMM kit + 2 DIMM kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XMP profile issues X570 motherboard 2 DIMM kit + 2 DIMM kit

I purchased a 2 DIMM kit in September 2020 model F4-3600C16D-32GTZN (16GB*2) CL16-16-16-36 manufacture date SEP20. The XMP profile works wonderfully! I really have enjoyed this product and I am very happy with the performance.

Recently I needed extra RAM capacity, so I purchased another 2 DIMM kit F4-3600C16D-32GTZN (16GB*2) CL16-16-16-36 manufacture date JAN21.

I can not get all four DIMM modules to load XMP. On boot, my system will make three post attempts then boot ignoring the XMP profile.

I have tested the functionality of both DIMM kits separately and both successfully load the XMP profile. But all 4 will not work together.

Did I make a mistake thinking these 4 DIMMs would work together in a XMP profile?

Should I have instead completely replaced with a 2 DIMM 64gb kit?

Should I have completely replaced with a 4 DIMM 64GB kit?

Other support alternatives?

Ideally a single 64GB kit should be used to replace the existing RAM.

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try 3400 or 3200 to see if the system can work properly? It is possible the CPU internal memory controller is overloaded with full slots, so some troubleshooting will be necessary to get a better idea of the limitation.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      Ideally a single 64GB kit should be used to replace the existing RAM.

What motherboard and CPU do you have? Do you have the latest BIOS? Did you try 3400 or 3200 to see if the system can work properly? It is possible the CPU internal memory controller is overloaded with full slots, so some troubleshooting will be necessary to get a better idea of the limitation.
      AUROUS ELITE X570 BIOS v33a(latest)
      Ryzen 9 5900X

What do you mean by a single kit? A 4 DIMM kit or a 2 DIMM kit?

I have not tried to manually set timings or voltages.

I am mostly concerned with using an XMP profile.

Would have an exact suggestion for voltages, timings, and FCLK?

What other troubleshooting can we try?

Comment

4 DIMM kit of 64GB, 4 x 16GB

This way all modules are matched and tested from factory to run at full speed together.

The CPU internal memory controller Voltage (CPU SoC Voltage) is what you need to take note of at a lower DRAM Frequency. Use it as a base value, then you can scale up to see if you can stabilize a higher DRAM Frequency.

DRAM Voltage and timings are set by XMP Profile, so as long as it is enabled, you only need to adjust DRAM Frequency to see what can work and tune up. FCLK should always be half of DRAM Frequency, so DDR4-3600 should be 1800MHz FCLK. This ensures maximum overall system performance.

Were you able to test DDR4-3400 or 3200? That is part of troubleshooting to hopefully get a clue of where the limitation may be.

Comment

This way all modules are matched and tested from factory to run at full speed together.

The CPU internal memory controller Voltage (CPU SoC Voltage) is what you need to take note of at a lower DRAM Frequency. Use it as a base value, then you can scale up to see if you can stabilize a higher DRAM Frequency.

DRAM Voltage and timings are set by XMP Profile, so as long as it is enabled, you only need to adjust DRAM Frequency to see what can work and tune up. FCLK should always be half of DRAM Frequency, so DDR4-3600 should be 1800MHz FCLK. This ensures maximum overall system performance.

Were you able to test DDR4-3400 or 3200? That is part of troubleshooting to hopefully get a clue of where the limitation may be.
          I will make an attempt to try a lower DRAM frequency and FCLK and report back.

Comment

For Gigabyte Aorus Elite:

DRAM Frequency = Tweaker -> System Memory Multiplier
            FCLK = Settings -> AMD Overclocking -> DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings -> Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers

System Memory Multiplier set to 34.00
            Infinity Fabric Frequency set to 1700mhz

CPU Vcore 1.008
            CPU VDDP 0.912
            DRAM voltage 1.368
            VCORE SoC 1.188

What should I try adjusting next?
            Last edited by USERzero110; 02-13-2021, 06:15 PM.

Comment

For Gigabyte X570

DRAM Frequency = Tweaker -> System Memory Multiplier
              FCLK = Settings -> AMD Overclocking -> DDR and Infinity Fabric Frequency/Timings -> Infinity Fabric Frequency and Dividers CPU SoC Voltage = Tweaker --> VCORE SOC

It took a while for me to understand what you recommended. Gigabyte uses a different standard of BIOS definitions. I had to parse some other guides to make sure I was using the correct settings.

I made the following changes and have been able to stabilize the DRAM frequency at 3600mhz. I have no other CPU Overclocking enabled except default settings.

XMP profile 1 ON
              System Memory Multiplier set to 36.00
              Infinity Fabric Frequency set to 1800mhz
              VCORE SOC 1.220v
              CPU Vcore Loadline calibration TURBO

hopefully this helps someone else in the future.

Attached Files

Comment

Ryzen 3000, 4000 and 5000 all do best with DDR4-3200 and a tighter timing, faster speeds will hurt performance substantially
                Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
                Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
                AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
                G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
                EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
                Asus PA238QR

Comment

Originally posted by HARDCORE GAMES View Post
                  Ryzen 3000, 4000 and 5000 all do best with DDR4-3200 and a tighter timing, faster speeds will hurt performance substantially
                  What would you suggest timing wise? How do you verify performance?

Comment

Working...
                  X