F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 3600MHz problem witn Ryzen 9 5950x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 3600MHz problem witn Ryzen 9 5950x

Hi, I bought a package of G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz Memory Module and my pc got instability issues sometimes with AMD Ryzen 9 5950x when I put the ram on 3600mhz, how can I fix this?

pc:
    Mainboard: Asus Rog Crosshair VIII Formula
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950x
    Ram: G.SKILL F4-3600C16Q-64GTZNC 64GB 4x16GB DDR4 3600MHz Memory Module
    Video card: MSI Ventus RTX 3090
    Water Cooling: Rog Ryujin 360
    Power supply: Seasonic 1300w platinum
    Case: Lian Li Razer

You can't, you just have to find a stable clock and timing set for your RAM. Consider yourself lucky dude, my motherboard just instantly crashed with 4 dimms in, not even loading BIOS, at ANY speed. I tried asking Gskill about this, but they have just ignored me for weeks now through there technical support email address for Europe. I told Gskill I'm RMA'ing my motherboard, and asked them for alternatives, they haven't gotten back to me! I asked them if their RAM might be more stable running on a T-topology motherboard like the AsRock Extreme 4, aaaaand they haven't gotten back to me. I've tried to make the questions easy for them, but ??? Lol, oh yeah, and don't even bother asking ASUS if the RAM isn't on their QVL, they don't want to know your problems. I told Gskill about this too, and yeeeeeah... nothing from them

Comment

Originally posted by FrankCatKill View Post
      You can't, you just have to find a stable clock and timing set for your RAM. Consider yourself lucky dude, my motherboard just instantly crashed with 4 dimms in, not even loading BIOS, at ANY speed. I tried asking Gskill about this, but they have just ignored me for weeks now through there technical support email address for Europe. I told Gskill I'm RMA'ing my motherboard, and asked them for alternatives, they haven't gotten back to me! I asked them if their RAM might be more stable running on a T-topology motherboard like the AsRock Extreme 4, aaaaand they haven't gotten back to me. I've tried to make the questions easy for them, but ??? Lol, oh yeah, and don't even bother asking ASUS if the RAM isn't on their QVL, they don't want to know your problems. I told Gskill about this too, and yeeeeeah... nothing from them
      Unbelievable, I bought this ram because they are on Asus QVL list for my motherboard, is doest happen many times, but happens, and this ram are supposed to work 4 stick, when i used only 2 there's no problem at all, but I bought a package of 4 to work, Gskill then is the worst.

Have you tried clearing your CMOS? maybe that would help with your pc.

Comment

Oooh, after my RAM failed as a kit of 4, failing to load BIOS, I had to clear my CMOS, as nothing else would get the board to boot besides clearing the CMOS. My board is RMA'd now, so just hoping Gskill can get back to me with a motherboard. So your RAM is on the QVL list for your motherboard? That makes it even worse then really. There is no easy quick fix for your problem I'm afraid. What I would do with your case is, load all 4 RAM sticks in your motherboard with a clear weekend ahead of you. Then you need find a program that'll crash easily enough based on the instability of your RAM (remove any CPU overclock first). I mean, you know the ones I probably do, Cinebench 15/20/23, Aida64, and there are plenty of others that stress your RAM. What you need to find is a program that crashes your system very quickly. You also need a deep dive RAM testing program too for verification on stability. Then you need to find a stable base clock lower than the rated speeds you're trying to use. You'll probably need to do some research on this if you're not familiar, but this might go beyond just setting the frequency it runs at if the RAM doesn't adjust timings to lower frequencies with stability success.

Comment

I would go on Youtube if I were you, and search for, Rambling about motherboard memory layouts. by
          Actually Hardcore Overclocking

To get a better understanding of where the issue lies and motherboard memory configs if mine is misunderstood or hard to understand. It's mostly in the motherboard not being able to support the RAM, not the RAM being faulty, but also RAM makers making RAM that stresses motherboard too hard so they fail to run their RAM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankCatKill View Post
            I would go on Youtube if I were you, and search for, Rambling about motherboard memory layouts. by
            Actually Hardcore Overclocking

To get a better understanding of where the issue lies and motherboard memory configs if mine is misunderstood or hard to understand. It's mostly in the motherboard not being able to support the RAM, not the RAM being faulty, but also RAM makers making RAM that stresses motherboard too hard so they fail to run their RAM.
            I've already run memtest86 and the memories are fine, yesterday I got a recommendation on Asus forum to raise my DRAM voltage to 1.36 from 1.35 to run 64G 4x16, since then I don't have any more problems, i'll keep checking.

Comment

Working...
            X