Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3900x + 3600mhz RAM kit = unstable D.O.C.P.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3900x + 3600mhz RAM kit = unstable D.O.C.P.

Computer Type: Desktop
    GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Armor
    CPU: 12-Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 4242 MHz
    Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P
    RAM: G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32 Gb (F4-3600C18-16GTZN)
    PSU: Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750w
    Case: Deepcool MATREXX 55 V3 ADD-RGB 3F
    Operating System & Version: WINDOWS 10 HOME 19042.685
    GPU Drivers: GEFORCE GAME READY DRIVER - WHQL Driver Version: 460.89
    Chipset Drivers: AMD X570 CHIPSET DRIVERS VERSION 2.09.28.509
    Background Applications: DISCORD, CHROME, XBOX GAME BAR

Description of Original Problem:
    Hey everyone! There are some problems with my RAM, as far as I can tell:
    1. For more than 4 months I have this issue with my PC: occasionally it won't post after the system restart (Warm Boot) with D.O.C.P. enabled (without D.O.C.P. everything runs perfectly fine). My PC gives me one long and three short beeps with the black screen where the post screen must appear, and after a few seconds, Windows 10 is loading with no visible issues. When I push the power button right in the start to start my PC - fans are going crazy for 2-3 seconds. I somehow solved this issue by enabling a compatibility support module (CSM) option within the BIOS, and my system starts booting every time. But with one small problem - I have two monitors and after enabling the compatibility option post screen changed to another monitor. Not a huge deal, but the thing that concerns me, is that memory is not stable after all...
      I'm blaming my DRAM because in the past I had other problems with it: when I assemble my current PC for the first time, DRAM was causing pc never posting at all, and only a BIOS update resolved this issue for me.
    2. I was starting to encounter occasional problems in COD: Warzone - Textures, sounds, level geometry, and models are loading on the go and causing my PC to completely freeze sometimes for a minute.
    Recently I've updated bios to ver 3001 and nothing changes. With D.O.C.P. enabled + CSM option disabled occasionally system would not post to BIOS but will load Windows anyway. Right now I'm testing my memory with Memtest86 and after a few seconds in the test, I get an error. If I'll disable D.O.C.P. - the error is gone and never appear. So, this is more evidence that my memory is not very stable.

Troubleshooting:
    - Enabling a compatibility support module (CSM) option within the BIOS - boot fine every time, but still unstable system.
    - BIOS updated to ver 3001 - not helping.
    - Dram voltage - 1.4000 - not helping
    - SOC Voltage - 1.0, 1.1, offset mode + auto - not helping.
    - Gear Down mode enabled with D.O.C.P. enabled - not helping.
    - Power Down mode disabled with D.O.C.P. enabled - not helping.
    - Was trying to set DRAM frequency to 3200mhz, as AMD told 3900x is supporting only 3200mhz RAM - not helping - memtest86 first 2 minutes failure.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	f0w3hijfux761.png Views:	0 Size:	59.0 KB ID:	165984

This is what I've got after 5 minutes in memtest86 with only DOCP enabled:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	5w5w0iO.jpg Views:	0 Size:	620.0 KB ID:	165983
    Last edited by lowbrown; 12-28-2020, 09:27 AM.

Are you using slots A2 B2? Have you tried each module is A2 to see if one performs differently than the other? If one does, send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement kit can work better.

Comment

Working...
    X