F4-3200c14q-32gtzsw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3200c14q-32gtzsw

I have a fresh build that would not post w/ this kit and could use some help.

Here's the list of components:
    CPU-----AMD Ryzen 5 5600x
    Motherboard-----MSI Mag X570 Tomahawk Wi-Fi
    Ram-----GSkill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZSW
    PSU-----Corsair RM750w + 80 gold
    GPU-----Power Color 5700xt
    CPU cooler-----Artic Freezer 34duo
    Case-----Corsair 4000D Airflow

I have not OC'd anything and have only enabled the xmp profile.

Here's a link to another thread in the AMD community forum with the initial help I've received:
    https://community.amd.com/t5/process...lp/td-p/429347

Basically what I have is three of the four modules working able to post and run windows in a stable condition. I've been trying to troubleshoot for a few days now. What I initially did was try to get support from MSI the motherboard maker w/ a support request and their reply was that the 5600x CPU didn't support the memory when it was 4x8Gb sticks in dual channel. That didn't sound right and wasn't any help to me. I replied to their initial "support" w/ additional information that I was able to determine through the help of the folks @ AMD community forums.

I'm still trying to workout the issue w/ more troubleshooting w/o any success. Today I ran memtest86 as best as I could. The three working sticks passed 100% without error over the four passes. The stick I suspect of being bad will not function(memtest86 will not load) in any configuration I tried single dimm, w/ another good module or with all modules loaded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    "EDIT"
    I followed up w/ the retailer via online chat to ensure I had adequate time left to return the memory kit if need be and was given the GSkill support phone #. I will call them Monday morning to ask a few questions to help determine my best course of action.
    Last edited by sfceric64; 12-13-2020, 12:29 PM.

If you are beyond retailer return period, submit the G.Skill RMA form online:

https://www.gskill.com/rma

Comment

Thanks, I talked w/ GSkill support this morning to ask a couple questions and confirm the process of returning the kit if the retailer doesn't.

Comment

Thanks for the link, I talked w/ GSkill support this morning to ask a few questions and decide the best course of action in order to return the kit.

Comment

Working...
        X