Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F4-4000C18Q-128GVK compatible with MSI X299 Creator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4000C18Q-128GVK compatible with MSI X299 Creator?

Can I get a confirmation if the above kit works with X299 Creator from MSI?

The kit is not listed on the MSI QVL list, but then again, most of the higher capacity / performance kits from Gskill aren't featured there.
    However on the Gskill website, under the QVL of the kit there is no mention of this motherboard.

I tried contacting Gskill via email asking this question but I got no answer.

Thank you.

The memory can work but most likely will not run at full speed as the motherboard and CPU may not be capable, thus not officially listed on the G.Skill QVL. You can enable XMP Profile, then manually lower DRAM Frequency until the system can boot properly.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      The memory can work but most likely will not run at full speed as the motherboard and CPU may not be capable, thus not officially listed on the G.Skill QVL. You can enable XMP Profile, then manually lower DRAM Frequency until the system can boot properly.
      Are the memory controllers on Cascade Lake X cpus worse than on Skylake X?! I don't fully understand why this kit was qualified for older / cheaper boards and cpus and not the latest of what intel HEDT has to offer.

I know gskill has 3600 CL18 kits available and qualified for MSI X299 Creator - do you think this kit would be able to work at those specs as stable and as good as a 3600 kit?

Comment

Also - do they come with more than 1 XMP profile?

Comment

You should be able to get fairly close, use the latest BIOS for best results. It is possible the motherboard is capable but we have no updated validation results for QVL.

This kit is the better version of the 3600 and 3800 kits, so if you lower DRAM Frequency to these values with XMP enabled, the system should work fine. From a stable point you can manually tune CPU VCCSA Voltage to see if you can stabilize a higher DRAM Frequency.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            You should be able to get fairly close, use the latest BIOS for best results. It is possible the motherboard is capable but we have no updated validation results for QVL.

This kit is the better version of the 3600 and 3800 kits, so if you lower DRAM Frequency to these values with XMP enabled, the system should work fine. From a stable point you can manually tune CPU VCCSA Voltage to see if you can stabilize a higher DRAM Frequency.
            I hope that with this question I will be able to make a purchasing decision: do you think it would be a better choice to go for a 3600 C16 kit rather than this 4000 C18 kit for the X299 platform? The 3600 C16 kit is validated for the motherboard I own, and in terms of latency I think it's the same or better. The 4000 C18 kit might perform better on the whole but from my understanding the stress on the cpu / mb and hence the risk of instability might be higher.

Comment

That works, DDR4-3600 CL16-16-16 can overclock very nicely anyway so you can push it as high as the system can support with manual settings.

Comment

Working...
              X