F4-4000C17D-32GTZRB Help Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-4000C17D-32GTZRB Help Please

I built a new pc so i went to G. Skill and looked for memory that was or is rated? for my new motherboard.
    I have a Asus Maximus Xii Hero wifi motherboard, the cpu is a Intel i9-10900K. I got this DDR4 kit F4-4000C17D-32GTZRB
    When i set the XMP to XMP1 it see's the ddr4 for what it is! and that is the only thing in the bios I have altered when i restart it will not post?
    i takes me back to a screen to push F1 or it could be F2 and then that takes back into the bios! if i leave everything in the bios the memory will only show at 2133mhz
    if i set the DDR4 to 4000 it wont post! all the way down to 3200mhz or less then it will post and i can install windows 10
    cpu-z shows the ddr-4 as 2132 at 1066mhz??? on this motherboard the ddr4 is in slots A2 and B2.
    currently the bios ddr4 is set at 3200mhz but cpu-z show it is only running at 2133 at 1066mhz??
    not trying to overclock this system but i would like the DDR4 to run at least 3200mhz to 3600mhx
    i got this 4000mhz ram but was only going to run it at 3600mhz if that can be done? but 2133mhz?? no that's half the speed this ram is rated at

Any Help Please?
    Bill

No luck with the original XMP like it was programmed by G.SKILL either (XMP-II)?

Try manually adjusting VCCSA and VCCIO, if the MB can't find working values for your CPU.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

i will try XMP-ll but i think i tried it, but will try it again as for setting VCCSA and VCCIO Well i am sorry that went right over my head!! i never have tried to is the word TWEAK ??
      Setting in the bios!! Been afraid that i might mess something up that will end up costing more money to replace a motherboard
      when i set it to xmp1 it show that it is F4-4000C17D-32GTZRB and sets everything up as far as I can see 17-18-18-38 and at 1.40 volts but it wont post at that speed?
      G. Skill on there ram configuration site say this ram has been tested to work on this motherboard!! So ???

Comment

My Bad i just updated my Bios and set it to XMP1 and it the pc posted and windows 10 launched
        so i went back into the bios and it now shows the DDR4 running at 4000mhz
        but in windows in cpu-z it show max. bandwidth DDR4 2132
        but the dram frequency says from 1999.1 to 2000.1 ????is this correct?

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by MerlinTT View Post
          but in windows in cpu-z it show max. bandwidth DDR4 2132
          Max bandwidth does not show the current memory frequency but the default SPD speed. It is what is listed as SPD Speed on the product pages.

but the dram frequency says from 1999.1 to 2000.1 ????is this correct?
          2000MHz equals DDR4-4000 because of the Double Data Rate, so everything is fine.

G. Skill on there ram configuration site say this ram has been tested to work on this motherboard!!
          I am pretty sure they used the programmed timings = XMP-II for that.

With XMP-I the motherboard ignores half of the programmed timings and instead tries to configure them during DRAM training. The success can vary quite a bit from one BIOS version to the next one and basically comes down to how any "optimizations" that get implemented affect the result.
          Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Thank You for Clearing this up! i do not try to mess around in the bios as i am not a that involved in tweaking or turbo charging the bios settings so ??
            Anyway it is all good the G. Skill DDR4 is purring along really good, So Thanks!!!

Bill

Comment

Working...
            X