Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C14Q-32GTZNB compatability?

https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...GTZNB-Overview

I plan to purchase this kit when they become available again as they are currently back ordered on newegg. I've read conflicting information online about these kits being single or dual ranked, can anyone confirm which type they are? Lastly, I just went through the ram configurator on the gskill site choosing the Asus X570 ROG crosshair VIII dark hero motherboard and this ram did not show up. Does this mean they are not compatible with my that specific motherboard, any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

If you look through the QVLs you'll quickly notice that the Ryzen 5000 tests are probably still ongoing. I am fairly confident, that the Dark Hero will have (nearly) all of the Neo models listed in the configurator once they are finished.

As far as the number of ranks go, that should be pretty obvious, if you are aware of the ICs that are used to build kits like that. You might wanna check the B-Die list at Hardwareluxx, that explains it universally. I am wondering though, where you'd find conflicting information about that?
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

The information I saw wasn't anything official just forum posts stating that 8gig ram sticks were all single ranked and all 16gig ones were dual then on another forum I read the complete opposite so thats what made me ask the question on here.

I went to hardwareluxx but the site is in German, do you have any other source in English that I could look at?

Comment

I thought a machine translation would suffice, since it is not exactly rocket science. A not too in depth explanation:

Samsung 8Gbit B-Die is a 8Gbit IC and with that you need eight of them to build a 8GB module, which usually makes those 1Rx8 = single rank. To build 16GB modules you would need double that amount so sixteen ICs, which results in 2Rx8 organization = a dual rank module.

In the same way you can produce single rank 16GB modules from higher density ICs, that are available nowadays from all the big DRAM manufacturers (Hynix, Micron, Samsung). So it is possible to build 16GB modules either single rank or dual rank, based on the ICs used to produce them. However some specifications can only be produced from very specific ICs, since no other IC type can clear them, and because of that for those the number of ranks is always known/obvious.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
        X