Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wrong RAM for my system?

Hello G.SKILL
    After setting up a new system last weekend I had some stability issues with my ASRock B450M PRO4-F and a F4-3200C16S-16GVK RAM module. I bought the 16GB module in a sale thats why I didnt buy 2x8GB.

Now the question that I am asking is less about the stability issues anymore. I had 2 random screen freezes last weekend. But now, 2 days later (the time it takes to register here) the system seems to run smooth. I solved the issue by changing some screen cables it seems.
    Anyways in the process of figuring out what could be the reason for the 2 random freezes I found out that my ASRock B450M PRO4-F and a F4-3200C16S-16GVK RAM module is not really a good combo since considering your compability list this mainboard does not support this kind of ram. (2x8GB would be fine)

Atm the system seems to run smooth. But I still ask myselfe if it would be smarter to return the 1x16GB and buy 2x8GB that are 100% compatible with the mainboard.
    Also considering some tests this RAM module seems to run very poorly in this system. How much of a speed boost is dual cannel anyways?
    Contacting my reseller would be a bit of a hassle since I cant just send it back like on amazon..And I would also have to pay another 20-30$ or so..

Thank you for the feedback.

Sysinfo:
    CPU: AMD 3300x with the stock cooler
    RAM: 16 GB F4-3200C16S-16GVK - a single 16GB module not 2x8GB
    Mainboard: ASRock B450M PRO4-F with newest BIOS
    SSD/HDD: Samsung 970 EVO 500GB (main) and 3 older 1TB Samsung HDDs
    GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
    Case: An old Antec home server case with a large top fan keeping the temps at about 45°C.
    Newest drivers are installed.

Dual channel is double bandwidth so it is great.

You can add another module for 32GB total

Comment

Yes I could buy another 16GB. Interesting thought. Instead of paying 30$ to get the 2x8GB I could just invest that money and another 30$ in a 2nd 16GB module..
      Do you talk about bying another 16 GB F4-3200C16S-16GVK or the 16gb dual channel set F4-3200C16D-16GVKB?
      Again. The 16 GB F4-3200C16S-16GVK is not officially supported in combination with my mainboard.. See here: https://www.gskill.com/configurator?...d%C2%A73200MHz,

Comment

Is 16GVK working properly? If it is then compatibility should be fine. Try adding another same model module to see if they can match well to maximize performance.

Comment

Working...
        X