F4-3600C16D-32GVKC not working with B550 Aorus Elite

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F4-3600C16D-32GVKC not working with B550 Aorus Elite

I'm having problems with getting my new G.Skill kit (F4-3600C16D-32GVKC) working on my motherboard. I can load the XMP profile and the system boots without issues. But when I play games the PC reboots within 30 minutes. The motherboard is on the QVL for this memory kit. Before this I also tried a kit of F4-3600C18D-32GTZN but they too made the PC reboot in games so I returned them.

The system works without issues when I change to a Crucial Ballistix 16GB kit. Both at XMP 3000MHz CL15 and 3600MHz CL16 (set with Ryzen DRAM Calculator values).

Specs:

Motherboard: B550 AORUS ELITE (rev. 1.0), BIOS F2
    RAM: F4-3600C16D-32GVKC
    CPU: Ryzen 3700X

I just noticed G.Skill have removed Gigabyte B550 from several memory kits QVL. However ASRock, ASUS and MSI remains on their lists.
    Is there some widespread problem with Gigabyte B550 boards and G.Skill memory?

After further tests with my kit I managed to get it stable (so far) using DRAM Calculator. It's just a shame that it doesn't work using XMP which it should when listed on QVL.

Comment

If some boards have been removed from the QVL, then that is probably because compatibility was broken with one of the BIOS updates. If I remember correctly that also happened with (some of) the Gigabyte X570 models in their early days and compatibility was restored a couple of releases later.
      Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Working...
      X