Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GSKILL RAM not posting at 4600mhz default xmp on these sticks F4-4600C19D-16GTZSWC.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSKILL RAM not posting at 4600mhz default xmp on these sticks F4-4600C19D-16GTZSWC.

The Ram only posts on a lower mhz frequency of 4400mhz and not at the advertized default XMP profile timings, 4600mhz cl 19-23-43 1.5v

Now I tried to post with default XMP profile and had the same issue and loosened the timngs to cl 20 and tried also with higher and lower voltages between 1.4-1.55.
    I am using a z390 EVGA dark motherboard with an I9-9900KS CPU, which should be the best configuration to clock this ram.

Now this board is very well capble of overclocking as am overclocking 4600mhz cl 18-18-28 on the 4266mhz Hyper X Ram which i wanted to replace for these kits and the hyperx ram works on just 1.4 volts.

Now with these F4-4600C19D-16GTZSWC sticks only post at 4400MHZ whilst at 1.5 volts, so simply do not meet the advertised speed on the box of 4600mhz.

I have tried manually with to set the XMP timings and post with looser timings yet they will still not post at 4600mhz.

I also own 2 x 32gb of 3600mhz of GSKILL RAM (F4-3600C18D-64GTZR), those sticks can overclock to 4000mhz with the default xmp timings, so it is not really the brand either having limited overclocking potential.

Is there anyone who has these exact sticks and able to get them to work, could they specificy what voltage and xmp timings, because I have 4x8 - two sets of dual channel RAM and both sets do not hit 4600mhz, as they do not go past 4400mhz.

This is troubling as the reason for purchasing these at 4600mhz is they would hit 4600 and have no stability issues at that frequency because it should be a xmp default timing verified to meet that frequency.

I have contacted eurotech@gskill.com on my private email address and awaiting a responce, is there is anything that else that can be done and wether the lifetime warranty would cover these sticks, as the EVGA manufacturer lists 4600mhz gskill RAM as supported.
    Last edited by skills247; 07-20-2020, 11:58 AM.

We do not have that motherboard rated capable of full XMP specs with this memory kit. Have you tried each individually to see if both have same maximum results?

Comment

Ok, thanks for taking the time to respond, all of the sticks have been tested - still only reaching 4400mhz and not posting at all on the 4600mhz default xmp profile, it did not allow for an increased frequency from both dims being used to that of a single dim.

Comment

Ok looking for an update, still had no reply from eurotech@gskill.com, now on the evga support page it specifically shows that my motherboard can handle 4600mhz g skill RAM here is what evga shows for gskill 4400-4600, so to say "We do not have that motherboard rated capable of full XMP specs" is false:

here is my proof
        Click image for larger version  Name:	evga ram support page.png Views:	0 Size:	18.3 KB ID:	164955

I have also stated my hyper x ram only of only 4266mhz has no issues hitting 4600mhz with tighter timings cl 18 on 1.4 v.

When I search for my RAM sticks on the gskill RAM configurator for this memory kit it is not listed, only shows on one x299 ASROCK motherboard on the QVL, it is not even a high end overclocking board.
        which shows me that the configurator is not being updated regularly, 'on the box is does not stipulate for intel x299 only'

So looks like am being misled

Click image for larger version  Name:	f4600 gskill QVL.png Views:	0 Size:	38.8 KB ID:	164956

So what your telling me is this RAM is only supported for one motherboard?
        Last edited by skills247; 07-22-2020, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X