Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't use XMP on my rig f4-3600c18d-32gtzn.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use XMP on my rig f4-3600c18d-32gtzn.

So, my situation is that when I'm trying to set the XMP profile in BIOS, after PC restarts - black screen. Sometimes multiple restarts help and I can actually boot, but this suck to restart multiple times in order to boot my PC. So I need help with this stock overclock that doesn't work!
    My rig:
    12-Core AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 4242 MHz
    Asus Prime X570-P
    MSI Geforce RTX 2070 Armor
    G.SKILL Trident Z Neo 32 Gb f4-3600c18d-32gtzn.
    Super Flower Leadex II Gold 750w

What can I do here? I'm more than sure that this problem is about the memory sticks because I checked if it's the power supply (no, I replaced it and checked, it's fine), or motherboard (it works fine without memory inside [it beeps -'' that I don't have any memory inside, but with memory plugged in (1 or 2 sticks, does not matter) occasionally I don't have any beeps from speaker + black screen]), or even just everything! It works without memory sticks with base overclock. After I removed the XMP profile from BIOS PC booted fine every time. What can I do, to use these 3600MHz, that I actually paid for?

p.s. I updated my bios from 1.4.0.2 to 1.4.0.7. Still... Black Screen on boot... Sometimes...
    p.s.s. I didn't try myself to rise the voltage in any case, because I'm not experienced with that, and I'm worried to damage my expensive gear.
    p.s.s.s. I don't have any extra DDR4 memory sticks lying around to check if my sticks are broken or not. I hope they are fine.
    p.s.s.s.s. Here, if this will help, I made the screenshot with XMP settings that bios are trying to apply:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	ThHTIxo.png Views:	0 Size:	484.9 KB ID:	164633
    And here is the message, when i'm trying to apply these profile:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	AAeQDkZ.png Views:	0 Size:	475.9 KB ID:	164634

And the last. If I use XMP and I manage to boot my PC, it says that I use 3600MHz. So, It's working, partially... Often there is just a black screen, with fans spinning (not on GPU btw. They start spinning, but after a few seconds the wind-down and stops), LEDs lighting, and no beeping.
    Last edited by lowbrown; 06-12-2020, 04:13 AM.

Make sure the modules are placed in DIMM A2+B2. Then try if the system starts more reliable with the XMP enabled and a reduced memory frequency of DDR4-3533/3466.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Make sure the modules are placed in DIMM A2+B2. Then try if the system starts more reliable with the XMP enabled and a reduced memory frequency of DDR4-3533/3466.
      Thanks for your advice! Just tried that - nope, that didn't work for me.
      Mem sticks are on their place - A2+B2 from the start.
      Tried to lower the frequency to 3533/3466 - after complete shut down of the PC - can't boot, just a black screen.
      I also tried to raise the voltage on the ram - from 1.350 to 1.355 - nope, same.

The strange thing is, that I can actually boot into the system with XMP on board - right after BIOS restart I can configure everything, and then save changes and restart. In this case, I can boot into the system, and work with it until I completely shut down my PC. But after a cold start, I may not be able to boot...
      Last edited by lowbrown; 06-12-2020, 06:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X