Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install a 2nd Ram stick, the exact same model, from 16Gb to 32Gb

Hello everyone,
    I have a ASUS PRIME X370-PRO AURA SKT AM4 motherboard installed with one 16Gb Ram stick, GSKILL PC4-19200 2400Mhz 16GB AEGIS CL15, for 2.5 years ago.

I want to install a second 16Gb Ram that is the exact same model as the one installed to upgrade to 32Gb Ram. (As exact same model I mean that it has even the same serial number, only they were bought 2.5 years apart)
    Do you think this is ok? Do I have to make any configuration or it’s just a plug and play kind of installation?

Thank you for your help,
    Adriano

Hiya! I'm not affiliated with the support team or G.Skill in any way (i bought their ram though!), so you might want to get an official answer, but yes, it should work pretty much plug and play. You might be sent into the BIOS/UEFI on boot, but other than that i dont see why it would not work, assuming they are truly the exact same sticks.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisnb View Post
      Hiya! I'm not affiliated with the support team or G.Skill in any way (i bought their ram though!), so you might want to get an official answer, but yes, it should work pretty much plug and play. You might be sent into the BIOS/UEFI on boot, but other than that i dont see why it would not work, assuming they are truly the exact same sticks.
      Thank you for your fast reply Chrisnb.
      I have the same opinion, in fact, I just bought the 2nd stick assuming it would work fine, although, I been searching in several forums, and some people are saying it is not guaranteed, others saying it would work fine as long as you make some configurations in the motherboard.
      I’m sure we can’t trust in everything it’s read online, but it raises some doubts to someone like me.

Comment

Working...
      X