Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Random DRAM LED (no post) on Asus x570 motherboard (RAM: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random DRAM LED (no post) on Asus x570 motherboard (RAM: F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

Hi all,

I have recently built my new pc with the following specs:
    ryzen 3700x
    Asus ROG strix x570-F Gaming
    Powercolor Red Devil 5700XT
    Gskill Trident Z RGB F4-3200C16D-16GTZR (so non-x version)
    corsair rm550x psu
    Samsung 970 evo 1tb m2. nvm ssd.

Now I have ran into some issues where the motherboard DRAM LED is on and the system won't post. This to me appears to occur at random: sometimes it won't boot from a cold post when the system has been completely shut down and sometimes it won't post when it has been left in sleep mode. When disable d.o.c.p. settings (XMP) in the bios everything works fine, which leads me to believe it has something to do with RAM modules. The way I deal with this at the moment is just by holding the power button and restart it, which works everytime.

I went back and checked the QVL document and this kit is actually on the QVL. See attached image.Click image for larger version

Name:	knip.PNG
Views:	976
Size:	218.7 KB
ID:	164279

Is there any changes I can make in the bios to get this kit running stable on 3200mhz? I checked the specs between the two kits X variant and non-x and I don't really see much differences. I've looked at this tool called ryzen DRAM calculator which suggests a lot of changes to be made manually in the bios, I have not tried this yet as I'm not really an experienced overclocker..

Hope someone can help out.
    Last edited by Nickdr; 05-03-2020, 03:46 AM.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Are modules installed in slots A2 B2?

With DOCP enabled, manually set DRAM Frequency to 2933 or other to see if it can work better.

Or test each module to see if DOCP is stable. Let us know how it goes.

Comment

I suggest checking for a BIOS update as the AGESA 1.0.0.5 has fixed some memory problems for X570
      Corsair Carbide 300R & TX850V2
      Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0
      AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 Black Edition 125W
      G.SKILL F3-17000CL11-4GBXL + Micron 8KTF25664AZ-1G6M1
      EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW Signature 2
      Asus PA238QR

Comment

Originally posted by HARDCORE GAMES™ View Post
        I suggest checking for a BIOS update as the AGESA 1.0.0.5 has fixed some memory problems for X570
        I have updated the bios to last bios 2 months ago when i built the pc, there hasnt been any new bios released. Using bios 1407 atm (the latest one).

I have tested both ram sticks together and separately, no errors found using memtest. I will try setting docp with 2933mhz, alltho still this is not what I've paid for and according to the QVL the sticks should work fine.

Comment

Testing at a lower frequency is always for troubleshooting purposes to know what can work and understand where the limitation may be. Otherwise, if nothing works at all or we have no idea what can work, any effort is like throwing darts with a blindfold. With G.Skill, the objective is always to run hardware as high as the system can support.

Comment

Working...
          X