Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gskill f4-3600c16-16gvk not fully cooperating with new build.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gskill f4-3600c16-16gvk not fully cooperating with new build.

Currently problem is with a z570 Aorus Ultra with bios 12e and 2 sticks of 2x16 gskill ram it runs and boots at base speed but if i use the xmp profile sound has weird artifacting and the computer eventually restarts without a bsod, also using a Ryzen9 3900x.
    Tried windows mem test it passed,tried bumping voltages,been reading a lot of forums and tried most of them.

HwInfo Summary.

https://gyazo.com/094bf20d1f25a18f0586e29cb26db8b0

the ram is on the QVL list for the motherboard and the motherboard is on gskills site as OVL as well so both sites say this ram should work

the 4 sticks of corsair vengance 4gb 3000 work fine in XMP.

This is also a fresh build new install of windows and all newest drivers. was using the corsair for about a week till the gskill showed up.

2 sticks are installed in the recommended a2 and b2 on the board

*Update mar 31st: Been running stock speeds now with no sound artifacting or anything for hours now stable (build is only about a week or 2 old)

*update apr 1: pulled both sticks out blew out the slots and reseated to make sure they were in serial order, went to 3400 and 1.2v without turning on xmp (little weird) then it was semi stable (more than it has been) so i upped the voltage to 1.35 and 3600mhz a lot more stable than day 1 upped the voltage to 1.4 after running into some more sound issues which is usually what goes before it crashes from the ram seems more stable but still having some usb glitches, which is what it was doing on the first day.
    Corsair headset just started connecting and disconnecting as of writing all this.
    seen other posts where your techs recommend upping the dram voltage to 1.45 wondering if i should try to bump it to there since more voltage has seemed to stabilize it, just don't want to fry anything since everything is new.

Updated HW info summary.

https://gyazo.com/ac9093320e2b3d09d4c11c2bbf9b8467

going to try manually entering stock timings from thaiphoon into bios first, still getting USB and sound issues with settings in first post planning on doing a memtest above just the windows memory diagnostic (which passed originally)

seems so close to stable
    Last edited by Dphyre; 04-02-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

still issues...might haveto RMA
      also noticed the ram is supposed t be F4-3600C16D-32GVKC and it's showing up F4-3600C16-16GVKC
      yep one stick is def bad
      Last edited by Dphyre; 04-02-2020, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Test for the best results of each module or with both modules installed. In other words, is the system stable if you have XMP Profile enabled but DRAM Frequency manually reduced to 3466 or 3200?

Do both modules perform the same? Do they cause the sound if only one module is installed? Are they stable at DDR4-3600 or lower?

These results are necessary to properly troubleshoot the issue.

The model number is correct, 16GVKC is identifying each individual module, as a kit they are C16 Dual - 32GVKC.

Comment

They are bad they don't even past memtest at stock speed, thanks
          i've also tested 3400 and 3600 nothing works
          one stick is faulty as hell
          only got these monday
          I've already gone through every troubleshooting thing in your lists, memtest, check one stick at a time, run them from stock to full XMP all failed.
          and one of the sticks is totally fubar wont even boot on it's own.
          this isn't my first rodeo, only the first rodeo using g-skill
          Last edited by Dphyre; 04-03-2020, 10:26 AM.

Comment

still no luck with anything i try

Comment

Feel free to send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement kit can work better.

Comment

Yeah buddy if they have even one error running memtest86 then definitely rma them.

Comment

Working...
                X