Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something wrong with the Ripjaws 5?

Hi,
    I actually just re-enabled my account to delete it, but can't find an unsuscribe link I might as well ask a question while i am there.

For my last desktop, i needed some DDR4 2666 to with an i5. And i was surprised how cheap the Red Ripjaws V 2666 were compared to other rams. It's a CL15 kit, and it was cheaper than some other branded CL16 kits, and even cheaper than some brandless CL18 kits.
    On Amazon, it had only review and it was bad

I had no issue using it, but i am wondering if it has a known problem?
    Some sites mark it as not sold anymore. Would age explain why it was cheaper? That's strange to me as i did not find any other CL15 kit that was the same price tag
    Or was it cheaper on amazon simply because there was only one bad review until now? Stangely, after i added a 5 star review, the kit has gained about 25€ in price

No known problems so that would not be the exact culprit. Pricing can vary on each website; most Amazon sellers are not authorized by G.Skill so they do not follow any pricing and set it to whatever they want. Some times it can be more than MSRP, sometimes less, so you may have gotten a good deal if lower performance modules were more expensive. it is also possible the seller purchased the memory kit at a time when price was lower and now market pricing has gone up. So then after your one kit was sold, price jumped higher to the next lowest price that is less of a deal or regular price compared to what you paid.

These are just possibilities based on what you mentioned. As far as reviews, that is normal since product stock may not be direct or new from G.Skill. In any case, we are here to help to the best of our ability, so if you have any issues, please don't hesitate to let us know.

Comment

Working...
    X