Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TridentZ NEO (F4-3600C16-16GTZNC) - XMP not working on MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TridentZ NEO (F4-3600C16-16GTZNC) - XMP not working on MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi

Ram: 4x16 GB of F4-3600C16-16GTZNC -- Trident Z Neo
    https://www.gskill.com/product/165/3...GTZNC-Overview
    Manufacturer Hynix - H5AN8G8NDJR-TFC -- Are these DJR? This model isn't listed on the DRAM Calculator for Ryzen.
    8 Gb D-die (Davinci / 17 nm) / 1 die

Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi -- It's on the QVL list for the Trident Z Neo
    https://us.msi.com/Motherboard/suppo...MING-EDGE-WIFI
    The F4-3600C16-16GTZNC is not in the list yet for compatibility. But hopefully soon it will be.

I have tried the following to resolve the issue of not hitting the XMP timings. I am leaving everything else default.
    1. Tried each module with XMP settings, one at a time. No luck. 3600cl16 isn't working for me. On the motherboard, the "CPU" light turns on.
    2. I can do 3200cl16 for all 4 sticks in at one time though.
    3. I can run 1800 mhz F Clock (infinity fabric) with lower RAM timings. However, I run 1600mhz with the 3200cl16 for now.
    The support person at MSI said to maybe wait for a new bios update. Maybe my RAM will be supported in the future. According to MSI, the F4-3600C16Q-64GTZRC (Trident Z RGB) is supported for 4x16 GB modules at 3600cl16. I am hopeful my RAM will soon be supported as well. See the compatibility list for the Gaming Edge Wifi that I linked to -- "memory by RX-3X00" to see what I mean. My RAM isn't in the list yet.

In the meantime, I can fiddle. Please let me know if there's anything else I should try.
    Last edited by cameron.buck; 12-17-2019, 06:51 PM.

How many modules do you have? Check to see what SoC Voltage is at DDR4-3200, then scale up and manually set SoC Voltage to see if it can be more stable. For full slots, CPU memory controller may be slightly overloaded

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      How many modules do you have? Check to see what SoC Voltage is at DDR4-3200, then scale up and manually set SoC Voltage to see if it can be more stable. For full slots, CPU memory controller may be slightly overloaded

I've tried the CPU NB SoC voltage as high as 1.25V. I don't know that using that has gotten even one stick to boot properly.

There's an SoC voltage for the motherboard as well, but I don't think that's the one I'm supposed to change.

I have 4x16 GB modules.
      Last edited by cameron.buck; 12-18-2019, 10:28 AM.

Comment

If you want to try and go with the Calculator instead of the XMP, try treating them as Hynix 8Gbit CJR instead.

Go with safe settings first and increase the memory frequency step by step from 3333/3400/3466/3533/3600 and save user profiles in BIOS in between, to have settings to return to. Not every CPU may be able to hit DDR4-3600 with 4x16GB with semi custom settings, but even if yours does not, you should be able to get pretty close.

ps: If you get a CPU error instead of a DRAM error with the XMP it is more likely to be a voltage or IMC issue.
        Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          If you want to try and go with the Calculator instead of the XMP, try treating them as Hynix 8Gbit CJR instead.

Go with safe settings first and increase the memory frequency step by step from 3333/3400/3466/3533/3600 and save user profiles in BIOS in between, to have settings to return to. Not every CPU may be able to hit DDR4-3600 with 4x16GB with semi custom settings, but even if yours does not, you should be able to get pretty close.

ps: If you get a CPU error instead of a DRAM error with the XMP it is more likely to be a voltage or IMC issue.
          I tried the 3600 Hynix CJR settings for 4 modules generated by the RAM calculator. I applied them to one module at a time. (I only did one module from each of the two kits I have.) The best I got was 3600 mhz RAM with 1633 mhz fclock. I can't go higher than 1633 on the f clock, at least not with the 3600 RAM timings. I can set 1800 fclock but with lower RAM timings.

I keep mostly getting the CPU error. A few times there were no debug lights on and my computer didn't boot. I guess I have to roll with 3200cl16 / 1600 fclock with the 3600cl16 XMP settings until MSI comes out with a new firmware or someone else can give me any insight into my issue, assuming I changed all of the voltages and other numbers correctly. This is a lot of debugging and going nowhere. I raised the voltages to the max that were recommended and more. Like 1.2V for NB SoC on the CPU. And 1.38V on the RAM. And the VDDG and VDDP voltages.
          Last edited by cameron.buck; 12-22-2019, 12:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X