• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Won't post / RGB not working.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
    Motherboard: ASUS ROG STRIX B450
    Memory: DDR4-3600 F4-3600C16D-16GTZNC

Problems:
    1. When the ram profile is saved in BIOS, BIOS will not post.
    2. One of the sticks RGB does not light up. I tried swapping it to the other slot, and the problem followed the stick. Is there a switch on the stick or something to turn them on? I didn't find one.

Thanks in advance!

1. Are you using the latest BIOS? Try one module at a time to see what each can run at. With two modules, also test and see what can boot properly, such as DDR4-3466/3200.

2. No switch for lighting. Did it always not light up or suddenly had a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      1. Are you using the latest BIOS? Try one module at a time to see what each can run at. With two modules, also test and see what can boot properly, such as DDR4-3466/3200.
      I will double check the bios. I did not try one at a time. They are currently running at the defaulted settings. I'll see what I can get them to run at. What is the general strategy on this? First set speed but leave at the lower voltage, then if they run at 3600, set voltage, then if that works, set timing?

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      2. No switch for lighting. Did it always not light up or suddenly had a problem?
      One of them has never lit up. the other works fine. I did try swapping positions and the issue followed the stick of ram to the new slot. The OS does see the ram, it just does not light up.

Comment

Enable XMP Profile, then manually set DRAM Frequency to a lower value to see what can work properly.

Timings and Voltage will be automatically set

If one module continues not to light up at all, send them in for RMA exchange to see if a replacement can work better.

Comment

the one stick continues to not light up. I will start the RMA.

Comment

Working...
          X