Ryzen 7 2700x compatibility issue with DDR4 RAM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryzen 7 2700x compatibility issue with DDR4 RAM

is this product https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-4000c18d-16gtzr compatible with my Ryzen 7 2700x processor?
    i know that its not the "optimize for AMD" RAM by gskill but will i have a problems later on if i buy and use this?
    (sorry im not a native English speaker)

Currently there is no AM4 mainboard that is able to handle the XMP. So it would have to be a fully manual memory overclock, unless your motherboard has inbuilt memory oc-presets for kits like this.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Not necessarily problems, but you can only set it up to the highest the CPU and motherboard can support. AMD CPUs can not reach DDR4-4000 yet, so it will certainly be lower.

Comment

what's the difference with the optimized for amd versions and the one that is not? in its performance or features. i could not find any of this optimized for amd in any local store, and that model i stated above is the only one available.

Comment

XMP Profile is designed for use with AMD CPUs, also the RAM is tested on AMD platforms.

That memory kit can work fine with the latest BIOS, just can't expect DDR4-4000 since the motherboard and CPU can not reach it. Also, manual set up in BIOS is necessary

Comment

Working...
          X