Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will F4-3000C16D-16GVRB work with Asus Crosshair VII Hero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will F4-3000C16D-16GVRB work with Asus Crosshair VII Hero?

I am building a new system to replace my aging FX-8350, and my plan is to use an Asus Crosshair VII Hero (not Wi-Fi - 1/10GbE hard wired). With the impending release of the Ryzen 3xxx series i may just go with a moderately priced Ryzen 5 now, and get a Ryzen 7 2700x when the new ones hit and prices drop, or might just go for the 2700x now.

i found the F4-3000C16D-16GVRB on sale at Newegg, will this memory work? I know G.Skill has products specifically targeted at AMD, but i also see that other manufacturers don't. I'd buy two of these to end up with 32GB of memory. My primary use is for photo/video editing and streaming (I have a Freenas server, so no server activity).

I'm old-school, and my computers have solid metal panels, so i don't need (or want to pay for) fancy light shows inside the box. Thanks, all.
    Last edited by adostrom; 03-20-2019, 08:56 AM.

To be specific, this is the Ripjaws V 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000). There are 30 hours left in the sale, at $85 for 16GB - can anyone advise if this will work? Thanks.

Comment

It can work but may not run at full speed, and it uncertain how well two kits can work together. Ideally you should use a single 32GB kit listed on the G.Skill QVL:

https://www.gskill.com/en/configurat...396&model=3406

Comment

Working...
      X