Performance difference between two Ripjaw 3200mhz models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Performance difference between two Ripjaw 3200mhz models

I'm building a content creation workstation (not to be confused with a rendering station), which will be a work horse mainly in After Effects and Cinema4D. With this in mind, will the performance difference be felt during heavy animation and video production between these two RAM models (on Aorus Master Z390 and 9900k):

F4-3200C15D-32GVK (I would be buying 2 kits)
    Pros and Cons that I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong!):
    Not on Gigabyte's QVL. Possible compatibility issues?
    Hynix chip. Possible stability issues at higher XMP or manual clocks.
    Vendor offers 14-day return/replace option.

and

F4-3200C14Q-64GVK
    Pros and Cons that I'm aware of (please correct me if I'm wrong!):
    • It's on Gigabyte's QVL. Issues with compatibilily should be non-existent?
    • Samsung chip. Possibly more stable at higher XMP or manual clocks + more likely able to pull off higher clocks with 4 sticks.
    • Vendor doesn't offer a return/replace option unless the memory is faulty. If any compatibility issues arise, I'm stuck with an expensive kit I can't use.

The reason I included vendors in the pros and cons is because I'm from Serbia, thus my vendor options are limited to these two, unless I opt to travel abroad or order from abroad and then pay a hefty import tax that's upward of 30%, which for kits this expensive is around additional 300EUR ($340 US) + any travel expenses, should I decide to travel instead of ordering.

Bottom line:
    • How big is the performance difference between these two models in a heavy content creation environment (After Effects, Cinema4D)

Thank you kindly in advance

-Apologies for links to PCPartpicker, GSkill website is down currently.

The 64GB kit is surely much better. It is extremely important to use only a single kit of RAM in each system for guaranteed results.

Comment

Working...
    X