Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4600 problem with last Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill Trident Z Royal 4600 problem with last Asus Maximus XI Extreme (Z390)

Hello

We have a problem with the Asus Maximus XI Extreme -> (4 Slots memory) (last bios 0702) and 4x8gb =32gb (even 2x 8gb =16gb !) at 4600Mh from G.Skill the exact ref : G.Skill Trident Z Royal F4-4600C18D-16GTRS : Latency 18-22-22-42 at 1.45v. -> https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4...gtrs#tabs-spec Same problem with the 4600Mhz "NON" Royal.

i make them run actualy in manual mode (not xmp) at 3200Mhz Only.

I tried to put only 2 ram on dual channel = same problem to boot

i tried XMP 1 and 2 i put the G.Skill constructor voltage : 1.45volts but bios dont boot.

Maybe it need to put an higer value on the VCCIO and System Agent Voltage ???

i dont found them on the QVL of the ROG MAXIMUS XI EXTREME_Memory_QVL. those 4600 are on the market before novembre 2018 (with the 4600 non royal who are exactly the same)
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...y_QVL_0108.pdf

to help this is the manufaturer spec for those 8Gb at 4600Mhz is: (i have 4 of them to make 32GB, from 2 sperate boxes, each 16Gb)

Test speed : 4600mhz
    Tested Latency: 18-22-22-42
    Tested voltage : 1.45volts.

I understand i have to set them manualy but i am totaly lost when it regard the memory... if i was good on that i will never make this big order mistake.. i fault asus will add them on the QVL because is the best Compagny Memory and the 4600Mhz are on the market since many month and this Asus Maximus XI Extrem (chipset 390) is totaly new.

Please if the only solution i have to make them (4 of them = 32gb) work at 4600Mhz is to set them manualy please help me to make the setings

That is a 16GB kit, so it is only designed to work as 16GB in a G.Skill QVL certified motherboard.

http://gskill.com/en/product/f4-4600c18d-16gtrs

So with one kit by itself, 16GB, you say you are experiencing problems as well? Both kits separately as 16GB DDR4-3200 will still have errors?

Comment

hi yes it what i said...

1 - question not about my problem but those memory kit we can put them how many volts maxiimum to stay safe and to use for 24h/7 ? regarding an manual OC

2- can you provide the technical data of those kits manufaturer type of memory etc to know how to start to oc them ?

3- can you help me to oc those kit the best possible freq and cas ?

actualy we can use 4 of theme at 4133Mhz 16-18 mode 1 rest by default = auto we load before that the 4x8gb new samsung memory single side (from the bios of the asus)

Sir here is about 1200euros for 2 kits of just memory then we need Please a good support for that.
      Last edited by Fraizer; 02-04-2019, 04:52 PM.

Comment

1 - RAM can support a higher Voltage like 1.50V as long as it is being used.

2 - You can use software like AIDA 64 or Typhoon Burner to check the exact specs of your particular memory kit in hand.

3 - OC is for the user to test. If you have questions, or if you post details about what you are trying, many people can help. If you want to use two separate kits, there are no settings I can offer you that will simply work.

Comment

@GSKILL TEC

With this motherboard Asus Maximus XI Extreme (chipset Z390)

can you tell if it is bad for the motherboard and the memory to have an VSA to 1,40 or 1.450volts ? or to an maximum of 1.50volts ? it stay safe for 24h/7d ?

same question about the VCCIO ?

Comment

Just depends on how much the CPU needs and if it is using it. As long as the CPU is within normal temps, it should be fine.

Comment

this answer is not helping me... i buy since years g.skill and when i see only this support level...

i even tried to call your support in asia and no answer....

if i had any problem with corsair product like it happen before i get an fast and pro support... with evga (but they dont sell memory) etc... for the price we pay your memory we expect an minimum from this compagny...

realy realy disapointed for this minimum support

Comment

Working...
              X