No announcement yet.

Problem with Trident Z RGB Ram not lighting up and bsod for memory management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Trident Z RGB Ram not lighting up and bsod for memory management

Model #: F4-3200C14D-16GTZR. I have 1 stick of 2x8gb 3,200mhz CAS14 Trident Z RGB ram that doesn't light up. The other one lights up fine. I swapped slots and it still doesn't light up but the other one does in the slot that the one that doesn't light up was in. I was getting a code 24 on ASUS Crosshair Hero VII wifi motherboard too. I was getting a memory management bsod also. All drivers up to date along with windows and BIOS and windows was tested to have no problems. I only had DOCP setup using the Stilt's safe 3,200mhz timing profile. I never downloaded any aura synch or other rgb software. I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic and it said I have hardware issue. My memory is running dual channel and at the right mhz though. It just wasn't lighting up and I had bsod randomly. Drivers were up to date and ran all tests for bsod. I then downloaded Ryzen master and used precision boost overdrive. Now my motherboard has a d3 code but doesn't bsod. I was wondering if I should rma the ram or not. I want both sticks to light up and the initial bsod's concern me if my ram is faulty or not. Any help is greatly appreciated. Ryzen 2700x cpu. Ram is A2 and B2 slots.
    Last edited by 1stTimeNerd; 12-27-2018, 03:18 AM.

Test one module at a time to see if you can isolate the issue to a single stick.

For lighting, turn LEDs OFF/ON a couple times to see if you can get them to revert back to default rainbow. Another method is to restart LightingServices process in Task Manager to see if all modules can revert to rainbow. Once all modules are default rainbow, the profile and settings can be reapplied.

Are you using ASUS Aura or Trident Z RGB software? Only one should be used at a time, and Aura would be best since it can control other motherboard features as well.
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 01-07-2019, 09:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X