Aida64 and HWiNFO64 can’t read the SPD info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aida64 and HWiNFO64 can’t read the SPD info

One year ago I bought G.Skill Trident Z DIMM Kit 64GB, I was using it with ASUS X99 motherboard. Last month I bought x299 msi motherboard and i9-7980xe and I used this kit with it. The problem is that Aida64 and HWiNFO64 can’t read the SPD info from one of the RAM stick. Does this mean that this RAM stick is bad or what can be the problem? I test the RAM using memtest86 and no errors. The motherboard read the SPD info of all the memory sticks.
    Do I need RMA this kit?

Is it alsways the same stick if you swap them around to different slots?

Then test this one stick individually with memtest86.
    Team HardwareLUXX | Show off your G.SKILL products!

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
      Is it alsways the same stick if you swap them around to different slots?

Then test this one stick individually with memtest86.
      yes it always the same stick if I swap it around to different slots. Yes I did test individually no error

Comment

Can you upload a screenshot of what Thaiphoon Burner (EEPROM > Read SPD...) outputs for that stick?

Comment

Originally posted by emissary42 View Post
          Can you upload a screenshot of what Thaiphoon Burner (EEPROM > Read SPD...) outputs for that stick?
          i am getting error see the screenshot
          Attached Files

Comment

version 12.1.0.0 and higher

SPD reading/writing is not supported on the Intel Core X-series Processor Family (Skylake-X) due to a lack of the necessary "Intel® Core X-series processor family Datasheet Volume 2" document.

Comment

Oh snap, I forgot Intel still did not release volume 2 of the datasheet to the public. You probably don't have access to a LGA1151 or AM4 system for that?

Since the module works and is functional by your memtesting, you could just use it as it is. If you ever run into trouble later on, there still is the G.SKILL lifetime warranty. Otherwise maybe ask tech support about it ( http://gskill.com/en/contact ).

Comment

Working...
              X