Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BSOD: Memory Management

Hello,

I installed my G.Skill 16GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14 on my Asus Prime-A motherboard and first of all, I couldn't get them to run at 3200MHz stable. The PC simply wouldn't boot with the XMP settings. I read that it is pretty common with a Ryzen 1700x, so I used the exact same XMP profile with all the same latencies and voltages, but downgraded the frequency of the RAM to 2933MHz and it turned out well, as the PC was stable.

But now, 3 months later, I've started getting some random BSODs every now and then. After long sessions of gaming I get random BSOD with 'memory management' error. With it, I got some warnings in the W10 monitoring software of Kernel Power errors. The Error was something like: "processor 0 power saving mode was disabled due to system malfunction or something". It was probably due to my undervolting of the CPU, because stress testing made it overheat. I decreased my overclocks a bit and the Kernel warning went away, so my memory problem doesn't probably have anything to do with that.

So today I went to ASUS.com and looked for my motherboard (Prime-A) and the supported DDR4 RAM. I couldn't find my G.Skill model there, although I did find the exact same memory but with 32GB instead of my 16GB. So is my memory not supported by the motherboard or is the memory/something else faulty? The model of my RAM is: G.Skill F4-3200C14D-16GFX

Thank you, who ever has heart to read my story.

The memory is compatible, so it may be a problem module. You can test one at a time to see if you can isolate the issue.

Do you have the latest BIOS for the motherboard?

Feel free to send the memory in for RMA exchange to see if a new kit works better:

http://www.gskill.com/en/rma

Comment

Working...
    X