HCI Design MemTest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HCI Design MemTest?

This questions is for GSKILL - I'm basically looking for an official response.

What is GSKILL's opinion on using HCI Design MemTest (http://hcidesign.com/memtest/) for determining memory stability? The people over at overclock.net swear by this tool and ASUS even acknowledges it.

Thank you.
    The Goods

It is a good program that we frequently use as well. Other memory tests are completed out side of OS, this one can be completed within an active environment.
    Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-14-2021, 08:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
      It is a good program that we frequently use as well. Other memory tests are completed out side of OS, this one can be completed within an active environment.
      Thanks. The paid version of the tool includes an ISO. I recently bought a copy. I used RUFUS to write the ISO to a bootable USB stick, which allows you to test memory without an OS.
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-14-2021, 08:50 AM.
      The Goods

Comment

Originally posted by Psychor View Post

Thanks. The paid version of the tool includes an ISO. I recently bought a copy. I used RUFUS to write the ISO to a bootable USB stick, which allows you to test memory without an OS.
        I know this is old but how do you create a bootable usb drive in rufus for hci memtest? I already purchased HCI memtest deluxe which has the ISO for creating a bootable usb drive but everytime I create it Im only presented with a UEFI usb drive to boot to and it doesnt work. I heard you need to have a NON-UEFI usb drive in the boot list

Comment

Partition scheme option: MBR is for legacy BIOS and GPT is for UEFI

Did you make sure the system boots from USB or select it upon boot up?
          Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 06-14-2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

You can't create a bootable USB via UEFI. I asked and the author doesn't support it. But you can use the traditional method - you'll just need need to set you BIOS so it can see and boot it with non-UEFI.
            Last edited by Psychor; 06-16-2021, 08:27 AM.
            The Goods

Comment

Originally posted by Psychor View Post
              You can't create a bootable USB via UEFI. I asked and the author doesn't support it. But you can use the transitional method - you'll just need need to set you BIOS so it can see and boot it with non-UEFI.
              Thats what Im saying Im unable to get a NON UEFI boot list option on the usb drive. Its a fat32 tried usb 2.0 & 3.0. Ive tried front & rear usb ports 2.0 & 3.0.
              I have disabled fast boot & secure boot in bios but when I boot override to the uefi usb drive in bios nothing happens, it just boots into windows. Ive tried hitting f8 for boot options but same thing occurs. Ive also tried changing it from windows to other OS in Asus bios. No help from developer
              Last edited by sdmf74; 06-16-2021, 05:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sdmf74 View Post

Thats what Im saying Im unable to get a NON UEFI boot list option on the usb drive. Its a fat32 tried usb 2.0 & 3.0. Ive tried front & rear usb ports 2.0 & 3.0.
                I have disabled fast boot & secure boot in bios but when I boot override to the uefi usb drive in bios nothing happens, it just boots into windows. Ive tried hitting f8 for boot options but same thing occurs. Ive also tried changing it from windows to other OS in Asus bios. No help from developer
                Create the bootable USB stick using Rufus (https://rufus.ie/en_US/). If you set up the USB stick correctly and it's being skipped at boot then it's a setting within your BIOS. That was my issue. I'll try and check it when I have a chance.
                The Goods

Comment

Originally posted by sdmf74 View Post

I've been after the deluxe version for awhile but I don't have paypal and no way am I putting credit card details online. Can you link me the ISO via mega.co.nz or mediafire etc or even PM me download link they send you?

In return I can help you run it. You need to change your BIOS to CSM mode. Then when you restart the machine, mash your quick boot key and select the usb drive. It should now not mention anything about uefi or anything it will just list the USB drive like "Kingston USB" so press enter and hci should load up. Hopefully this info is worth sharing link.

Comment

Unfortunately I cannot set CSM, its greyed out in bios cause I have to temporarily use the integrated graphics as my OOW K|NGP|N just died
                    At least until Nvidia decides to start selling chips to vendors again.

Let me know if you got my PM. I guess my account wasnt fully unlocked and I had to send a PM to the G skill admin in able to use the PM system
                    Last edited by sdmf74; 06-18-2021, 07:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X