No announcement yet.

Ripjaws V or Trident Z X99 compatibility

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it's not going well for me. I've spent the day trying to get my new build to boot and it's not happening. Their is a red led on indicating it's not happy with the ram, I've tried each dimm in each slot, it will not even post.

According to http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/...699.1387871584 the QVL, F4-3200C14Q-32GTZ the ram I bought is listed.

*EDIT: Things aren't getting any better. I was going to get new ram from the place locally (I bought the Trident Z from Amazon), they have a few kits of both Ripjaw 4's and 5's in stock - BUT, neither is on the QVL.
    Last edited by Swirlser; 06-18-2016, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Not one module will boot up? Do you have the latest BIOS?

It may also be a defective motherboard, or incompatibility.

Comment

How could I know if it's running the latest BIOS if it won't post?

I assume incompatibility isn't realistic, otherwise, what is it doing on the QVL!

Comment

You could have other RAM, or it was a working system, but sounds like neither is the case so if not one module can work, it may be a defective motherboard.

Comment

My first DDR4 system, so no other ram at the time. I did buy another set, because I really didn't want to have to send things back - time/hassle. But that didn't work either.

So, it seems most likely the motherboard is faulty. I sent it back last week. The waiting begins....

Comment

Well just an update, bought new parts (same again) as I don't want to wait for the returns process which will take who knows how long.

X99 strix & trident Z at the rated times, all working. I guess I'll have 2 broadwell-e machines in a months time then, can use it as a server or something.

Comment

Great, glad to hear the issue has been resolved.

Comment

Working...
                X