Old Legacy Intel Board DP55WB - Needs BIOS latest update & DDR3 maxed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Legacy Intel Board DP55WB - Needs BIOS latest update & DDR3 maxed

Intel no longer provides the BIOS updates for this Old Legacy Intel Board DP55WB. Does anyone know where I can get the latest download? Also I would really like to bump up the RAM from 4GB (2x2GB) to 16GB(max), but to do this it requires Double Sided RAM per the Intel tech specs. I see several previous posts with RAM upgrade issues for this board, but not seeing where it was resolved. This is an I5 750 64bit system.
    Attached Files

Try a kit like this:

https://www.newegg.com/g-skill-8gb-2...-422-_-Product

Comment

Thanks so much, but with me not knowing anything much, what tells me those are DS (Double-Sided)?
      I was able to bump up the RAM from 4GB to 8GB with 2 sets of dual sticks= G.Skill F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ 8GB (4x2048MB) DDR3 PC 10666 CL9 memory module 1333 and with all 4 sticks in, it is now 8GB. I really really want to get up to 16GB, but to do that, everything is specifying it must be DS (Double-Sided).

I'm assuming the ones working to get 8GB are SS (Single-Sided) and they specified 4x2048MB, would that mean to get to 16GB DS (Double-Sided) it would need to be 8x2048 or
      4x2048MB / 4x2048MB?

Comment

Working...
      X