Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tradesman
    replied
    Any input is always appreciated, like I mantioned many have trouble getting over 1600, so you're smokin'

Leave a comment:

• Straud
    replied

Yea, i was actually pleasantly surprised when i was looking up the timings today. i didnt think i had it running that fast. Well, thanks for the input, im not really that interested in smoking pc parts, so i'll probably leave it how it is.

If anybody wants my timings and such for these ram sticks, post a reply and i'll post them for you

Leave a comment:

• Tradesman
    replied
    Actually that's pretty good for 16GB. When AMD was coming out with the FX CPUs they were quick to point out they will run 1866 and hinted at it was Native, but the CPU is actually native 1333, and while they can run 1866, according to their their 'revised' advertising, they say up to 1 stick per channel, the 8150 can carry 4 sticks and I've seen some 8120 do it, but very few 4100 or 6100s, you can try pushing up the DRAM, CPU/NB and vCore voltages, but might end up frying something besides eggs for breakfast. I went back and forth with them for two months before they changed the specs on their site to indicate the 1 DIMM Per Channel...see the post

http://www.gskill.us/forum/announcement.php?f=2

They've done this in the past with numerous CPUs, saying they can run 1066 or 1600 or whatever, but the CPUs in question were actually limited to 1 per channel

Leave a comment:

• Straud
    started a topic Biostar TA990FXE

Biostar TA990FXE

I have a Biostar ta990fxe motherboard running an amd FX-4100 CPU with f3-14900cl9q-16gbxl. If i could get some help on tightening up the timing to make my ram run closer to stated speeds i would definately appriciate it. Ram is currently running at 880 Mhz. Let me know if you need me to post timings that i currently have set.

Biostar TA990FXE am3+
    AMD FX-4100 @ 4.2 ghz
    Ripjaws X 16gb (f3-14900cl9q-16gbxl)
    Sentey Black edition case
    HIS Radeon HD 6850
    RaidMax 650W PSU
Working...
X