F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL P7P55D-E Core i7 870

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL P7P55D-E Core i7 870

First off, I want to start by stating how awesome of a company G Skill is. I have been a system builder for about 12 years now, and about 5 years ago or so, after getting annoyed with other brands I made the switch. Never looked back either! Thank you G Skill! LOL

Ok, so, here's my question. About 9 months ago, I built a customer of mine a system using a Asus P7P55D-E mobo and a Core i7 870 ofc using F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL RAM. He recently wanted more performance from it so I had overclocked his system to 3.78 GHZ w HT on at 1.24 vcore, 1.1562 IMC/VTT, 1.8 PLL, 1.05 PCH. LLC enabled, EIST C1E and such off, F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL RAM at 1800, timings are 8 9 8 24 at 1.6 volts. Has tested fully stable with Intel Burn Test on MAXIMUM at 20 runs.
    Will those speeds and timings have degrading wear on his memory? Also, other MAIN question is can he add the 8GB kit of same family to it for 12 GB? (F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL) As I know theyre a year apart and albeit the same family, but will the revisions (if there are any) to these cause instability? Just making sure that a system wont be unstable tbh... And I dont know if he can keep the same clocks on the RAM speed and timings with just a bump up in the VTT/IMC?

Thanks G Skill! Sick RAM! Always!

No, those settings are fine. You did a good job maximizing memory performance. (also a good kit haha)

As far as adding an 8GB kit, you can try, but we can not guarantee it. The only way to know is to test and try.

You would surely have to retest for the best settings, if the two kits are compatible. Almost never as easy as bumping voltage when mix matching kits.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X