Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with new build

Hi guys,

I have read the FAQ and done some research prior to this question, but this will be my first build. I plan on overclocking and want to get the best performance I can but I also want it stable as a daily driver. I have most parts but am down to needing the RAM and Cooler.

Processor 2700k...but considering going to one of the new 3930k

Mobo Asus Maximus Extreme Z or the Asus Rampage if I go the 3930k route

Video Cards Asus 6950 Toxic 2gb in Crossfire

Case Silverstone FT02 BW

I will probably stay with the 2700K since I already have it and the Mobo...Anyway, I don't see a bottlenck at this point, so the question is...

What RAM should I get if I want to get similar performance to what was listed on the article at Anandtech...was looking at the 1866 8 9 8 24...I am wondering, in the Sniper series, which kit I should go with to be able to get similar timings and performance?

In addition, if anyone can help me pick an air cooler that would fit properly with this combination of Mobo and Memory I would appreciate it. Price is not really a concern, if I can't find something that will work properly, I will probably go with one of the Corsair H100's...I really want something that will be quiet though and I hear they are on the loud side under load. I also want to try and have a clean build and so don't want the cord in the way.

Anyway, I hope this is enough information and I have asked the proper questions, I have done quite a bit of research and just need that final little bit to get going on this project.

Thanks in advance for any and all help...

ford1:

F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR will probably be your best bet for the Sniper Series.

As far as a CPU cooler, there are many 120mm heatsinks that you can get with silent fans. That will be max efficiency with minimal noise.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
    X