• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P6X58D Premium & F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

Motherboard: ASUS P6X58D Premium
    CPU: i7-920
    RAM: F3-12800CL7T-6GBPI

So, in addition to the problems X58 has with detecting all the RAM, my A2, C2 & B2 slots will NOT detect any of the sticks, even though I can get 6GB in A1, C1 & B1.

I RMA'd the motherboard just assuming the slots were bad because the P6X58D got so many reviews on Newegg about bad slots. The motherboard came back with the exact same problem.

I'm wondering if I buy another 6GB if I'll ever be able to run 12GB. Should I try to RMA the RAM or the i7-920? I have yet to run memtest86 on each individual stick. I have no idea if another kit of RAM could have a better chance of working in the 3 slots with the i7-920's IMC or if the IMC is just shot. Too many variables. No idea where to start. Are there any other tests I can/should run?

Thanks

Also just noticed the 6GB PI kit is no longer on Newegg

So sometimes the computer does not detect all modules in slots A1 B1 C1?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

You can test one module at a time with the rated specifications.

I would suggest going with a 12GB kit like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231457

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

That 12GB kit is a lovely suggestion.

I do need to update my BIOS. PC has been out of commission since May due to PSU woes and money/time. Decided to RMA mobo about on-arrival memory slot issues, as well. I saw notes on the RAM updates for the BIOS. Suppose I was jumping the gun on the RMA questions.

Yes, on A1, B1, C1 I usually get 4GB on first boot of the day -> power cycle -> 6GB. I got home from work after checking these forums and upped my DRAM voltage. Will see if it works better when computer has been off for at least a few hours.

Thanks!
      Last edited by Potunka; 10-31-2011, 11:54 AM. Reason: manners

Comment

Working...
      X