16GB installed 8 usable??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16GB installed 8 usable??

RAM-(2) G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

MOBO- ASUS P7P55D-E Pro LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

CPU- Intel Core i7-870 Lynnfield 2.93GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor BX80605I7870

On initial build I was running 2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL

I upgraded to the 4GB sticks but it says 16 installed but 8 usable.

Any help appreciated...

Make sure each kit is in the same colored slots. Make sure the memory is firmly inserted. Make sure to manually input settings since these two kits are different.

It is possible that the two kits are not compatible with each other.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

How are these kits different? I purchased 2 of the same kit?

How do you manually input settings?

Comment

Although they are the same exact model, when they come off the production line, they can still slightly differ. This is why we must have pre-matched fully tested guaranteed kits. If it were not an issue, we would just sell single modules and have people purchase as many as they need.

There are options for DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS, youw ill want to input them there.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Ok Thanks.

Do you have specific setting recommendations for my application?

Comment

You should try DDR3-1600 9-9-9-24 1.50V

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Got the RAM in the correct slots and now it works. Thanks for that.

My timing is already in that config, I think. Never done it before.

I didn't see where to check the voltage though, couldn't find it in BIOS.

Comment

Bottom of the AI Tweaker page.. you have to scroll down..
                It is on the same page as where all the CPU and memory settings are.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                X