x2 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 (16GB) & GA-P55-UD5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x2 F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2 (16GB) & GA-P55-UD5

Hi folks, I recently picked up some duff G.Skill ECO RAM from eBay (still trying to get a refund..) and after trying to get it to work I've decided to forget about it and try the sniper stuff - question is do you reckon it would work ok with my system? I'd be aiming for two 8GB sets to make 16GB (4x4GB),complete overkill but there you go. It's the 1.25V CL9 stuff I'd be going for so hopefully some headroom if the voltages need increased.

MOBO Gigabyte GA-P55-UD5
    CPU i5 750 (OCd to 3.2GHz BCLK 160)

The memory can work, but hopefully you get two kits that can work together in the same computer.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Gone ahead and ordered the RAM, fingers crossed! Any tips for voltages and things when I install it?

Comment

Set DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage. If slightly unstable, raise DRAM Voltage a tad and it should solve the problem. Then you can play with overclocking if interested.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi, just thought I'd update to say that sequentially numbered kits arrived and I got them working happily. I was worried for a moment when I saw the bits sticking up from the sides of the heatsinks, worked out fine though, fits snugly with the Megahalems!

Put in timings manually, set voltages and so on, as read from the XMP. Even with everything specified manually the system does not boot if XMP is disabled (I prefer to have it turned off and set freqs/voltages etc myself), however works just fine if it is enabled. Memtested for 9hours (while I was at work) with no errors.

So, if anyone else is thinking of doing the same set up, here's a wee confirmation that there's at least one working out there!

...now all I have to do is work out what to use 16GB of RAM for

Comment

Fantastic, glad to hear.

Enjoy!

Thank you
            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
            X