Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instability with Build

MB: MSI 890FX-GD70

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black Edition Thuban 3.3GHz, 3.7GHz Turbo Socket AM3 125W Six-Core Desktop Processor HDE00ZFBGRBOX

Video: MSI N550GTX-Ti Cyclone OC GeForce GTX 550 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Read the stickys, tried the manual settings - still having stability issues.

Can you recomend the best bios settings for this config? I've spent hours messing around and still can't achieve complete stability. Even set all defaults, then changed timing to 8-8-8-8-24 and it still crashed on me. Default is 1.5v. I've tried the correct timing at 1600 and upped the NB voltage by .1 - still unstable.

Any help / direction is appreciated. I know it's RAM related... but can't seem to find the sweet spot. Don't want to return RAM.

Thanks!

and...

Also updated bios with freedos.....

Comment

Did you try testing them one at a time? Sounds like one may be bad causing issues.

Here are the settings you should change:

Set CPU Host Frequency to 233

Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1864

CPU-NB Frequency 2800MHz

CPU-NB Voltage 1.20V

DRAM Voltage 1.50V

DRAM Timings 9-10-9-28

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH
      Last edited by GSKILL TECH; 08-26-2011, 04:05 PM.

Comment

found a stable

First stable settings i've found are

dram - 533.4mhz (1060?)
        FSBRAM - 3:8
        7-7-19-26-1T

NB Freq: 2000
        unganged
        dual channel

I will try the settings you recommend. That involves overclocking my cpu as well correct?

I'll post back how it works.

Comment

crash

Crashed after about five hours with settings from my priork post. Tried suggested settings and now it won't even post. Going to bed ... will reset BIOS and try one at a time tomorrow.

Comment

I'm at work now so can't play with the settings. Should I also try seperating the memory? i.e. instead of dim0 and dim1, put them in dim0 and dim2?

Memory passed basic windows mem test, haven't subjected it to a lengthy test.

Is there a default setting that should always work that I can test?

Help appreciated.

Comment

ugh

Cleared cmos board won't post.....rmaing board...will post back with new board attempt.

Comment

MY MISTAKE, try the settings again, the timings should be DRAM Timings 9-10-9-28.

Resetting the BIOS should always boot, or setting the memory to DDR3-1333 8-8-8-24 1.50V

The memory should be in the same colored slots furthest from the CPU.

You can also test one at a time to see if one may be bad causing a problem.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Bad Board

So it was the board causing my ultimate instability. I got a new board and it runs 100% stable on 1333.

I attempt the first settings you recomended and it wouldn't post. Cleared CMOS and posted with defaults.

I will try the settings from your last post. Just to confirm, memory should be in slot furthest from CPU? I thought that dim0 and dim1 were the slots closest to the cpu ... I don't want the ram in the 1st 2 slots?

Comment

Weird, those settings should work.. Do you have the latest BIOS? Something must be incorrect.

Try the other two same colored slots to see if it works better.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X